Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

SFA Features

Her Campus SFA Interest Meeting

By Faidat Bakare
August 29, 2013 - 12:00pm

Hello Lumberjacks! Do you like writing? Are you interested in blogging? Do you want to write for an online women’s magazine? Well, here’s your chance!  On Tuesday September 3rd, 2013 at 5:00p.m on the 2nd floor of the Student Center near Starbucks, I’ll be holding an interest meeting with those who want to be involved! Whether if it’s writing an article, finding content or even photography we need you there!   READ MORE

Editor's Last Goodbye

By Kayla Borens
May 3, 2013 - 5:37pm

Oh! Where to begin? This year long journey as being Editor of HerCampusSFA has been a positive experience all around. The people met and the networks created have been more than what I expected to gain. I want to extend a special thank you to Jessika Davidson for offering the position to take over the SFA branch in May 2012. Jessika laid out a great platform for me to jump in and expand, and I am grateful for that. There were a few organizations that went out of their way to make this chapter a success. Thank you to: SFA Betas, SFA Gammas, DJ Teddi Org, Presidential Hustle Entertainment, SFA Fashion N Motion, Raisin Canes – Nacogdoches, Chick Fil A – Nacogdoches, Country Princess Couture, and Party ‘N Things....

HerCampus SFA to Recruit New Staff Members

By Kayla Borens
April 14, 2013 - 1:07am

Her Campus™ SFA is looking for new staff members for the 2013 school year. Her Campus™ SFA, a branch from the #1 online magazine for college women, HerCampus.com, SFA serves as a hub for everything Stephen F Austin State University women need to know about the world around them.  Membership is open to all students. This organization complies with all State and Federal laws and school policies on non-discrimination. This organization supports and encourages respect for political, religious, ethnic, racial, physical, generational, sexual, and intellectual differences because such respect promotes free and open inquiry, independent thought, and mutual understanding. READ MORE

SFA Fashion Week 2013

By Kayla Borens
April 3, 2013 - 12:19pm

It's Fashion Week SFA!  HerCampusSFA has teamed up with SFA Organization Fashion N Motion (FnM) to bring to you a week of fashion! Were you exceptionally fashionable today? Let FnM help you display your outfit by sending a photo to their Twitter page @FnM_SFA to gain exposure on their Twitter and Instagram account.  READ MORE

Mid-Semester Blues

By Kayla Borens
March 18, 2013 - 4:49pm

We're more than half way finished with the semester Lumberjacks! Though the end is near, we're still having to "waddle through the mud" to get there. Below are tips to keep your mind focused to finish out the semester strong! Exercise: READ MORE

Southland Conference Champions

By Kayla Borens
March 9, 2013 - 9:41pm

There's been plenty of talk about our men's basketball team this season, but with plenty reason. On tonight, March 9, The Stephen F. Austin State University Men's Basketball team won the championship for the Southland Conference.  The 2013 Southland Conference Men's Basketball Tournament will take place during spring break on March 13-16 at the Merrell Center in Katy, Texas. The Southland Conference is a part of the 2012-2013 NCAA Division I men's basketball season, with an automatic bid, or spot, in the 2013 NCAA Tournament.  With an overall record of 27-3 and a Southland record of 17-2, these Lumberjacks have proven their ability to "Axe" their competitors!  READ MORE

Lipsticks Up...Heels Down

By Kayla Borens
February 26, 2013 - 2:45pm

Lipsticks Up to… Campus Recreation’s Love Your Genes, Love Yourself Week!
Love Your Genes Week is SFA's version of National Eating Disorder Week where positive self body image is celebrated and promoted. The couple that got engaged during Campus Rec’s Moonlight Sweetheart Paddle Trip The SFA track teams bringing home Southland Conference indoor titles! The new baseball stadium lights! (First game this Wednesday, Feb 27) The Lumberjacks impressive record of 23-3! (Purple Out this SATURDAY!) One party on Saturday, March 2nd! #PajamaVII Heels Down to… READ MORE

SFA Love

By Kayla Borens
February 14, 2013 - 10:28am

How perfect for today’s Valentine’s day occasion! The SFA Alumni Association is hosting an SFA couple contest. The couple’s photo/story with the most likes by Friday, 8 a.m. will win an SFA couple’s gift basket and a feature on the SFA Alumni Association Facebook cover photo. While snooping through the stories, I stumbled across familiar faces and decided to share their story. I hope you enjoy this “fairy-tale” as much as I did. Whether single, taken, complicated, married or divorce, take the time out to appreciate love and how beautiful it can be. Thank you Esteban Nambo for sharing your love story about your love, Natalie Torres! (Does anybody else feel the need to sing Future’s Love and Affection? No, :/ Just me, okay. )    ...

Cram the Coliseum

By Kayla Borens
February 7, 2013 - 3:59pm

SFA Athletics and the Nacogdoches County Chamber of Commerce have teamed up again with Cram the Coliseum, an event designed to bring more from the community to Lumberjack and Ladyjack basketball games. Tickets are available at the Nacogdoches County Chamber, 2516 North St., for free entrance to the Cram the Coliseum games. Each ticket can be used for entrance to the following Ladyjack and Lumberjack basketball games: Thursday, Feb. 7, Ladyjacks begin at 6 p.m. and Lumberjacks at 8 p.m. against Central Arkansas; and Saturday, Feb. 9, SFA Ladyjacks begin at 4 p.m. and Lumberjacks at 6 p.m. against Oral Roberts University All games will be in William R. Johnson Coliseum at the intersection of E. College St. and University Dr....

Need a Date?

By Kayla Borens
January 29, 2013 - 3:10pm

Valentine’s Day is right around the corner – and let’s face it – many of us are dateless. With the new MTV show, Catfish, and online dating scandals such as, football star, Manti Te’o’s, many may be hesitant about online dating. By joining dating website, DateMySchool.com, that hesitation will die down all together. READ MORE