Mr SFA 2013 – Craig Wright

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

Congratulations to Craig Wright, Mr. SFA 2013!

During halftime at the men’s basketball game on Saturday, Feb 9, SFA’s Alumni Association awarded Craige Wright, horticulture major from Flower Mound, the title of Mr. SFA. The award was presented by the Alumni Association President, Jeff Davis and SFA’s President Baker Pattillo.

The SFA award is considered one of the most prestigious awards that a student can receive at SFA and it acknowledges students in their senior year for participation and leadership in academic and extracurricular activities, citizenship and service, and loyalty to the university. 

To be eligible, SFA senior must have completed 90 credit hours, with 48 of those hours completed at SFA, and must have a minimum 2.5 grade-point average. Candidates also must be within 12 months of graduating from SFA and also enrolled in the spring semester following the nomination deadline. Also candidates must not have received this type of award from SFA or any other college or university.

The Mr. SFA Award was established in honor of the late Stan McKewen, a 1934 SFA graduate. The Miss SFA Award was established in honor of Arnodean Covin, who was named Miss SFA in 1940, 1941 and 1942. 

Congrats Craig!

Kayla Borens is a senior from Stephen F Austin State University pursuing a degree in Public Communications. She has been selected as a recipient for the 2012 Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges and graduate of Kilgore Junior College. Kayla currently interns for pr firm CasMacPR, and teaches Zumba! She is also an active member in a Christian youth group, The TURNAROUND in East Texas, as well as a supporting sister of younger brother, Spencer and older sister, Selena. Her post-graduation plans include working in Texas pursuing a career in public relations and social media and making her parents proud. :) You can follow her via Twitter @PR_incess_KayB & @creativedream_.