harits mustya pratama g4iBHZM sKY unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
harits mustya pratama g4iBHZM sKY unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Move Out Day – Reducing the Stress

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

I’ve come to realize that I underestimated just how stressful moving out of my room is going to be compared to moving in. Since move-in day back in August, I have accumulated so much more stuff that my two duffel bags and Rubbermaid totes simply will not be of any help when May comes. If you are having the same problem, here are some things you can do to reduce your moving-out stress:

Photo by: News.com

1. When you go home on the weekends, take back clothes/shoes or any other things you know you won’t be needing for the rest of the semester, in the end, you will have less stuff to pack.
  2. When the time comes, get your winter clothes packed away or take them home. This will definitely free up some space.
  3. Take down the decorations in your room ahead of time so that you aren’t having to force them to fit in a box full of clothes.
  4. Try to eat the rest of your food before move-out day. If you can’t, simply give it away or throw it out.
  5. For the last week, try planning your outfits so that you can keep everything packed, and try to stick to them! (I did this before Christmas break, and it kept me from digging through my clothes and having to re-pack)

Brianna is a Psychology major with a minor in Human Development and Family Studies here at SFA. She is passionate about people and that's how she landed a spot as CC for Her Campus' chapter at SFA! She enjoys hanging out with her cats, getting tattoos, and doing research. Her passion is to help the LGBTQ+ community by focusing on LGBTQ+ health and therapy in the future.