This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

Nobody has a perfect life, and they said that they do then they are lying to you. There is no such thing as a perfect life. We all go through hardships of our own, whether it be failing at something, a breakup, losing a loved one, or not feeling confident It’s life, and stuff happens! I’ve compiled a list of 5 quotes to sort of “live” by. These quotes can just pick you up when you’re having a tough time and just remind you that it’s ok to not have your stuff together. That’s life!  

Photo: Google Images 

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says “I’m possible” -Audrey Hepburn

This is pretty famous quote from actress Audrey Hepburn. When life throws you lemons, make lemonade. As long as you put forth the effort anything is possible! 

Photo: Google Images

“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel” -Maya Angelou

If there was ever anybody to take advice from, it’d be Maya Angelou. She was incredibly wise. But it’s true, people will never forget how you made them feel so be kind. It takes nothing to be kind. 

Photo: Google Images

“Remember no one can make you feel inferior without your consent” -Eleanor Roosevelt

People are only going to do what you allow. So, know your worth and don’t let people treat you like you don’t matter because you do. And you are more than enough! 

Photo: Google Images

“I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.” -Stephen Covey

Just because you are in a bad situation does not mean you get to use that as an excuse to be a bad person or to give up. As long as you have breath in your body, you have the choice to change those circumstances for the better. There is always a choice and it is always yours for the choosing. 

Photo: Google Images

“Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs” -Farrah Gray

One of the most important things in life that we can do is dream. And guess what? Dreaming is free! Do the things that you love and never settle for something that’s not going to give you fulfillment at the end of the day. 

There are so many great quotes out in the world, but I think that these are all fantastic ones to live by. You are alive and at the end of the day that is what matters and I hope these quotes will help you get a new outlook on life. Things are never as bad as they seem, you just have to be willing to put in the effort and see the good in the things that you have. And if you don’t like something, change it! That’s the brilliant thing about life, you get to decide the life that you live, so live it to the fullest! 

Hello, I'm Kasharra Ashworth. I am in my third year at Stephen F. Austin State University as an Elementary Education Major. In my spare time I like to read (I'm a die hard romance fan), listen to music, play The Sims, and do/practice makeup. I am a granddaughter, a daughter, a sister, an aunt and a friend. Family means everything to me. I'm just a girl from a small town who wants to make her mark on this world.
Brianna is a Psychology major with a minor in Human Development and Family Studies here at SFA. She is passionate about people and that's how she landed a spot as CC for Her Campus' chapter at SFA! She enjoys hanging out with her cats, getting tattoos, and doing research. Her passion is to help the LGBTQ+ community by focusing on LGBTQ+ health and therapy in the future.