Fall 2K12 Campus Celebrity Recap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

Presidential Hustle Entertainment

Presidential Hustle Records and Entertainment was started by the late, Michael Motte Jr. in 2006 to help fund events to jump start his brother’s music career. Known for their jam packed, crowd-pleasing parties, PHE fails to disappoint college students in attendance. But it doesn’t stop at the parties…members of this licensed company participate in youth mentoring, party promotion, and community service.”

Dennis Hagans
The position of the Student Body president serves as the advocate for students, helping us obtain a “voice” in some of the decisions and changes on campus, and Dennis Hagans serves this school year as that “voice.”

Jourdan Dukes
Many students aren’t aware of the Board of Regents on campus, and if so, they don’t know exactly what their role consists of. Becoming aware of this problem, Governor Rick Perry created the student appointed position seven years ago to get a student’s perspective on the decisions made. I’ve had the pleasure of sitting down with SFA’s First African American Student Regent, Jourdan Dukes, this past week to get a more in-depth explanation about her position.

Derian Salone; Southern MC & Corey Garrett
Music is so universal and, at times, can be controversial. The beauty of it all is that there is a certain genre that speaks to every individual. I’ve had the pleasure of sitting down with secular rap artist/producer, Derian Salone, and Christ advocate, Corey Garrett. Although these two have very different views and purposes for doing music, they both share a mutual respect for one another.

SFA Football
“In honor of the team’s hard work throughout the season, we want to recognize the SFA Football team as Campus Celebrities.”

The Traditions Council
“The Traditions Council promotes and preserves SFA’s rich history and traditions,” according to their SFASU organization webpage. “These students host events and spirit rallies that showcase SFA Traditions throughout the year including coordinating SFA Homecoming! The hard work and efforts of the Traditions Council members connect students to important aspects of campus life and assist students in achieving the full lumberjack experience.”

Jamiee Banks; SmirkTime
Jamiee Banks better known as, “Smirk Time,” is a nineteen year old ambitious junior majoring in Radio & Television. Jamiee Banks dips into a little bit of everything covering photography, videography and DJ’ing.

Jacori Harper; DJ Young Swerva
Radio/TV Broadcast senior from Dallas, TX, Jacori Harper, carries “DJ Young Swerva” as his DJ name. With experience DJ’ing a few SFA parties and downtown clubs in Dallas, “DJ Young Swerva” knows how to keep a party rocking.

Jessika Davidson
Jessika Davidson, founder of the HerCampus SFA branch!

Kayla Borens is a senior from Stephen F Austin State University pursuing a degree in Public Communications. She has been selected as a recipient for the 2012 Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges and graduate of Kilgore Junior College. Kayla currently interns for pr firm CasMacPR, and teaches Zumba! She is also an active member in a Christian youth group, The TURNAROUND in East Texas, as well as a supporting sister of younger brother, Spencer and older sister, Selena. Her post-graduation plans include working in Texas pursuing a career in public relations and social media and making her parents proud. :) You can follow her via Twitter @PR_incess_KayB & @creativedream_.