Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

SFA Celebrities

Pink London

By Kayla Borens
April 3, 2013 - 11:44am

We had a sit down with entrepreneur, future business owner, determined fashion-ista, Gabriella Wesley to learn about her upcoming lipstick and accessory line, “Pink London.” Name: Gabriella Wesley Major/classification: PR Major; Fashion Merchandising Minor - Junior Hometown: Houston, Texas  Talent: Entrepreneur/business owner  Activities involved in: FnM, & Houston city-wide volunteer group What do you do? I am an entrepreneur. I work for HairGeneticks as a college representative. ( @HairGeneticksSFA) I am also a manager of model Raya Billobs.  How did this come about? READ MORE

Solitude

By Kayla Borens
February 26, 2013 - 1:40pm

Don't sleep on the lyrical talent and smooth vibes of this campus celebrity. RnB newcomer, Bianca Rodriguez serenades her listeners with the release of her debut project entitled “Solitude.” The project is an ode to music and free expression. It describes her personal journey through a period of isolation, freedom, and creativity. The mellow vibe matched with her silky smooth vocals invite your ears to explore the various emotions she experiences. HerCampus SFA Affiliate, Bianca released her mix tape, Solitude, February 26 and will hold a Mix Tape Release Party Wednesday, February 27, 9 p.m. at Egypt; 1823 E Starr St, Nacogdoches, TX.  READ MORE

Mr SFA 2013 - Craig Wright

By Kayla Borens
February 13, 2013 - 4:15pm

Congratulations to Craig Wright, Mr. SFA 2013! During halftime at the men's basketball game on Saturday, Feb 9, SFA's Alumni Association awarded Craige Wright, horticulture major from Flower Mound, the title of Mr. SFA. The award was presented by the Alumni Association President, Jeff Davis and SFA's President Baker Pattillo. The SFA award is considered one of the most prestigious awards that a student can receive at SFA and it acknowledges students in their senior year for participation and leadership in academic and extracurricular activities, citizenship and service, and loyalty to the university.  READ MORE

Fall 2K12 Campus Celebrity Recap

By Kayla Borens
January 13, 2013 - 7:00pm

Presidential Hustle Entertainment Presidential Hustle Records and Entertainment was started by the late, Michael Motte Jr. in 2006 to help fund events to jump start his brother’s music career. Known for their jam packed, crowd-pleasing parties, PHE fails to disappoint college students in attendance. But it doesn’t stop at the parties...members of this licensed company participate in youth mentoring, party promotion, and community service.” Dennis Hagans
The position of the Student Body president serves as the advocate for students, helping us obtain a “voice” in some of the decisions and changes on campus, and Dennis Hagans serves this school year as that “voice.” READ MORE

Our Founder

By Kayla Borens
December 6, 2012 - 11:14pm

We had a chance to catch up with Jessika Davidson, founder of the HerCampus SFA branch, to give an insight of why she wanted to bring HerCampus to SFA!  The President/Editor-In-Chief of the chapter is responsible for all of the content on the My Campus page. Each My Campus page has 7 regular features on the pink menu bar: News, Blog, Celebrity, Cutie, Photo, Poll, and an Event. Why did you start a HerCampus branch for SFA? I really thought Her Campus was a refreshing way to approach journalism. And we really don't have any outlets for students who want to be entertainment/lifestyle writers and bloggers so I figured it was no time like the present to start it.   READ MORE

"Tell the DJ turn it up..."

By Kayla Borens
November 11, 2012 - 11:48pm

"What's my DJ's name..."  -Rock The Bells: LL Cool J Radio/TV Broadcast senior from Dallas, TX, Jacori Harper, carries "DJ Young Swerva" as his DJ name. Harper debuted his DJ'ing talents this semester during his first big event, Nac Nights, hosted by SFA student, Drex Arimo, and Fall '12 Campus Cutie, Denzel Mitchell. While in high school, Harper discovered his love for DJ'ing by playing music at his high school basketball game. To earn money and buy equipment for his newfound hobby, "DJ Young Swerva" and a group of friends began to throw parties.  "Hey, Mr. DJ put a record on..." -Hey, Mr. DJ: Madonna READ MORE

Smirk Time

By Kayla Borens
November 5, 2012 - 12:50am

Every now and then I run across an interview where the interviewee, as well as the interviewer, gain from the experience, the interview with Jamiee Banks was just that. Jamie Banks better known as, “Smirk Time,” is a nineteen year old ambitious junior majoring in Radio & Television. Opportunity knocked on Banks' door while attending a party at the Anex where campus celebrity, DJ Teddi, was DJ’ing. Not the type to party, Jamie decided to bring her camera along to practice her skills in the different lighting and atmosphere. Taking note of the camera, DJ Teddi asked if she would take pictures of the party, and the rest was history. READ MORE

Homecoming Operators

By Kayla Borens
October 12, 2012 - 1:44am

Next week's Homecoming preparation could not been possible without the preparation of this week's Campus Celebrity organization, The Traditions Council. "The Traditions Council promotes and preserves SFA's rich history and traditions," according to their SFASU organization webpage. "These students host events and spirit rallies that showcase SFA Traditions throughout the year including coordinating SFA Homecoming! The hard work and efforts of the Traditions Council members connect students to important aspects of campus life and assist students in achieving the full lumberjack experience." READ MORE

Lumberjack Football

By Kayla Borens
October 5, 2012 - 12:34pm

In honor of tomorrow’s huge game, and the team’s hard work throughout the season, we want to recognize the SFA Football team as Campus Celebrities. With an undefeated record in home and conference games for the 2012 season, the football team has worked tirelessly to prove their strengths. Lumberjack fans are on a victory high after watching the team battle against the Central Arkansas Bears and the rainy weather last Saturday. We plan to see many more fans traveling today and tomorrow to Reliant Stadium in Houston, Texas to see the Lumberjacks defeat No. 9 Sam Houston State Bearkats. READ MORE

Story Behind the Music

By Kayla Borens
September 23, 2012 - 7:00pm

Music is so universal and, at times, can be controversial. The beauty of it all is that there is a certain genre that speaks to every individual. I’ve had the pleasure of sitting down with secular rap artist/producer, Derian Salone, and Christ advocate, Corey Garrett. Although these two have very different views and purposes for doing music, they both share a mutual respect for one another. READ MORE