Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

SFA Blog

Top 5 Must Have Apps to Survive That "Boring Class"

By Kayla Borens
April 14, 2013 - 2:12am

We all have those classes...the ones where we don't have to pay a single second of attention and still pass with flying colors. The "all lecture" class periods, with the "only book material" tests. So how do you survive those classes and still receive the attendance credit? We've noted the top five apps to help you kill time during this time. 1. Twitter  Follow your friends, experts, favorite celebrities, and classmates to find out what's going on in the "outside" world while you're trapped in class! 2. Instagram Snap a picture, choose a filter and display your boredom to your timeline of IG followers! Or simply pass the time by scrolling through pictures of family, friends, boutiques and celebrities. 3. Facebook...

Sizing Up the Runway

By Kayla Borens
April 3, 2013 - 11:27am

Take a trip with Briahna Elis as she shares with us part of her experience with this year's ProjectRedVI Fashion Show presented by SFA's FnM!    I am on a quest to find my Sasha Fierce. I decided to step outside my comfort zone and dive head first into something that I never would have attempted in my past. Before I go any further into detail about my quest of finding my inner diva let me  introduce myself. I am Briahna, a sophomore at SFA and I am a Physics major. I love clothes, bling and being a beautiful plus size woman. However, I am a bit shy and I tend to let my nerves get the best of me. I am afraid to extend myself for the fear of being rejected by societal views of what is beautiful.This is what I need to change. This is what I will change.  ...

Lipsticks Up, Heels Down

By Kayla Borens
March 19, 2013 - 5:06pm

It's that time again! Lipsticks up to the positive, fun events around SFA and Heels down to those that ...could "improve!" Lipsticks Up!  Spring Break! Regardless of what you did, it was still a much needed break from school. IFC/PAN HELLENIC Week this week and the free events offered!  Easter Break Next Week!  The Student Services, Student Government Student Activities Association and Traditions Council hosting a viewing party to watch the Lumberjacks play Stanford in the opening round of NIT tonight - 9:30 p.m. - Axe Handle Cafe.  Heels Down: READ MORE

Lipsticks Up! Heels Down!

By Kayla Borens
February 15, 2013 - 12:03am

It's time to wrap up our review of some of the events happening on campus! Lipsticks up = Thumbs up; Heels Down = Do better.  Lipsticks up to: -Cram the Coliseum Event! Fun Fact: Our guys are currently 20-2! -The cookies in the SC! -The SFA Alphas presenting the Black and Gold pageant, Jan 30. Congrats to previous Campus Celebrity Jocelyn Nicole for winning the title!  -Everyone that participated in the MLK Day of Service! -The Breast Cancer Awareness and Cram the Coliseum flash mob promotion presented by Delta Chi & Zeta Tau Alpha.  READ MORE

R.e.s.p.e.c.t.

By Kayla Borens
January 21, 2013 - 10:28pm

A full week has passed and, for some of you, dragged by depending on your living situation. Although you may not have issues now, here are a few tips to keep the relationship between you and your roommate respectful and drama free.  Establish Rules.... You’re willing to follow  READ MORE

Join the Team

By Kayla Borens
December 6, 2012 - 10:40pm

Like what you see? Then join the team!  HerCampus SFA is looking for staff writers and photographers for the Spring 2013 school semester! Journalism major? Love to write? Love to take pictures? Love to meet new people? Love to inform people about what's going on at SFA? If you answered yes to either one of these questions, then you should definitely join our team!  Email the editor, Kayla Borens at kaylaborens@hercampus.com or attend one of the interest meetings in January 2013.    READ MORE

Cuffing Season

By Kayla Borens
October 24, 2012 - 4:15pm

It’s about that time of year again: “Cuffing Season.” According to the Urban Dictionary, “During the Fall and winter months people who would normally rather be single or promiscuous find themselves, along with the rest of the world, desiring to be “Cuffed” or tied down by a serious relationship. The cold weather and prolonged indoor activity causes singles to become lonely and desperate to be cuffed.” Sad, but true. This season definitely plays as a double-edged sword; it can be really good and really bad. “Cuffing season: It ain’t nothing but a renting service.” - @SpokenReasons READ MORE

SFA Homecoming Tips

By Kayla Borens
October 11, 2012 - 1:28pm

As you all know, the eventful, anticipated week of Homecoming is right around the corner! Many activities are planned for students to interact with one another and participate in the Homecoming activities. Here are a few HerCampus SFA tips to keep next week's activities safe, smart and fun!  READ MORE

What's the Buzz Around BOTPW!?

By Kayla Borens
October 3, 2012 - 2:32am

Let’s see what social networks are saying about The Battle of Piney Woods’ Game! @Tanner_SFAhoops : “Great weekend for @SFA_Athletics! Now its time to gear up for #BOTPW. @BOTPW Alright – we are under a week until the 2012 #BOTPW. Who is making the tip to Reliant on Saturday?? @SFA_Athletics @BearkatSports @Brian_K_Dawson Ax ‘em Jacks! Congratulations on a great won over Central Arkansas. Time to move focus to shsu and #botpw #SFA @furrer4heisman SFA’s win over Central Ark makes this week’s Battle of the Piney Woods a big one, particularly for Sam Houston if they want to win the conf. READ MORE

"Pin" Us Crazy!

By Kayla Borens
September 23, 2012 - 1:41am

Eight Pinterest Boards to Follow “We see ya looking!” So let us help you direct your attention to some of our favorite boards to follow on Pinterest! 1.FOOD!
We’re drooling over Hannah Raeber's Food. Food. Food. Food. FOOD. Board (along with 1,151 followers!). From appetizers to dessert, this board covers it all! 

READ MORE