Ask a Guy: How can I spice up my love life?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

Dear Julian,
My boyfriend and I have been dating for over a year, but it seems the “steam” of the relationship is lost. What are some ways to spice our relationship up?

Long term relationships can get boring if you dont think “outside the box”. We asked several SFA students, both male and female, what people can do to spice up the relationship, and a common response was taking the romance outside of the bedroom. The following list are suggestions of where you can “spice things up” on Campus. Whatever you do, make sure you are safe!

5. Balcony of Starbucks
Appeal Factor:
We’ve all at one point in time have studied into late hours of the night somewhere inside Starbucks. Mix in some low lighting, calm environment and its intimate setting, spontaneity with a hint of romanticism. I guarantee you he’ll never see Starbucks the same.
Risk Level:High

4. Planetarium
Appeal Factor:
How many people can say they’ve made love underneath the stars? Exactly! Need I say more?
Risk Level: Low.Seeing as how very few people actually know where the planetarium is, the chances you get caught is minimal.

3. Ag Pond Deck
Appeal Factor:
If you enjoy the outdoors and the smell of the fresh spring time air then you’re going to really enjoy the Ag pond deck. You get everything you love about the outdoors without the dust and pollen. Spring Time is perfect, its not hot nor cold but just right ;)
Risk Level: High

2. Intramural Field
Appeal Factor:
My personal favorite. When the lights go off this place is pitch black everywhere!
Risk Level:Low-Medium (beware of the random late night runners)

1. Baker Patillo’s Backyard
Appeal Factor: In no way shape or form am I advocating having sex in the backyard of the person whose increased tuition each of the past four years I’ve been here. But if you’re a senior and on the way out why the hell not!
Risk Level: Extreme Daredevil      

Jessika Davidson is a senior at Stephen F. Austin State University majoring in Radio/TV communications with an emphasis in news writing and a public relations/photojournalism double minor. From Houston, TX, the humorous and vivacious campus socialite came to Nacogdoches to escape the hustle and bustle of Texas' big city. When she's not hard at work at the campus radio or TV station, she's often doing community service projects around town with her sorority sisters of Gamma Sigma Sigma, of which she is the chapter president of. She also enjoys working at her jobs, one as a Master Control Operator for the KTRE-9 TV station and one as the owner of Jessika Davidson Photography, where she travels the state with her beloved nikon, affectionately named "Gary", to shoot weddings. She is beyond excited to be a campus correspondent for SFA, and hopes to become a video journalist (news reporter) or a host of a entertainment show.