This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sewanee chapter.

As the days get colder and Fall turns to Winter, it’s time to start thinking about what looks you’ll sport over Winter Break. Being home for so long allows for great Christmas and New Years style. When it comes to looking great this holidays season, your lipstick should not be excluded. So here’s a list of great lipstick shades that’ll go wonderfully with your favorite cozy sweater, velvet dress, and suede booties.

The event: Christmas dinner

The color: Red

The product: Leo by Kylie Cosmetics and Rimmel London Provocalips in Play with Fire

Red is the perfect color for your Holiday dinner with the fam. Not only are there two great shades to choose from, dark for the edgier souls and bright for those really feeling the jolly atmosphere, but red is also super versatile. So many different outfits can be planned around this color, and if you go with a matte brand you won’t be watching as your lipstick fades away with each sip of your glass. 

The event: New Years Eve party

The color: Dusty Pink

The product: Viper by Colourpop

Again, I suggest a nice matte for your New Years night. Long-lasting is important when you’re going past midnight, and you don’t want your kiss at midnight to come away with stray lipstick on his or her mouth.

The event: Casual hangout with your high school friends

The color: Peachy pink

The product: Bumble by Colourpop

When you’re just catching up with your old friends, you don’t need to go too hard with your makeup. These people say you during your awkward high school stage, there’s no need to try to impress them. This beautiful pink shade is just enough to be casual while still looking good and showing you at least care a little bit.

The event: Date night

The color: Berry purple

The product: Rimmel London Provocalips in Kiss Fatal

Nothing is more perfect for date night with bae than a color that will spice things up. Keep the rest of your makeup minimal and let this color do the talking for you. Letting this color pop will draw your date’s eyes straight down to your lips.

The event: Christmas morning

The color: Pink

The product: Lord and Berry Crayon Lipstick in Intimacy

If your family is anything like mine, everyone stays in their pajamas all of Christmas day. However, if you’re anything like me, you’ll still want to look nice for any pictures that may be taken. This pink is just nude enough to keep the lazy vibe going while also making sure you look your best. You can even layer a nice lip gloss on top to give it some shine.

The event: Miscenallenous

The color: Dusty purple

The Product: Trap by Colourpop

This color is to die for. It’s perfect for the winter, its gray undertones letting the rest of your makeup warm up your skin. The perfect nude for those cold Winter months.

SaveSave