Six Movies to Watch Just for the Soundtrack

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sewanee chapter.

1. Mad Max: Fury Road

This is a LOUD movie and if you’ve never seen it before, I recommend trying to find a showing in theaters. The great thing about this soundtrack is that it just gets your blood pumping. I would suggest adding it to your workout playlist.

2. O Brother, Where Art Thou

This bad boy right here is some of the best work from the Coen brothers. The soundtrack features many folk and blues classics and the movie itself is hilarious. As an added bonus, it stars George Clooney.

3. Guardians of the Galaxy

I know this is an obvious one, but I couldn’t leave it out. The 70’s and 80’s were the glory days of pop/rock and Guardians of the Galaxy brings it all back with its Awesome Mix vol. 1. This is one of the few CDs that I actually own a physical copy of.

4. Dirty Dancing

I always forget just how good this soundtrack is until I’m watching the movie. It’s basically just a bunch of classic hits all compiled into one convenient soundtrack. Plus, all of the choreography from this movie was done by Kenny Ortega (aka the creative mind behind High School Musical) so you know it’s worth watching.

5. The Graduate

Simon & Garfunkel did the soundtrack. Enough said.

6. Dunkirk

Hans Zimmer is a legend when it comes to composing epic soundtracks. Not only has he done Inception, but he has also done hits like Interstellar, The Dark Knight, and Pirates of the Caribbean. Dunkirk is the most recent addition to his list of epic soundtracks.