This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sewanee chapter.

As everyone involved in Sewanee Greek life will tell you, Shake Day is a big day. For girls, it’s the day where you finally find out which sorority you’ve gotten. For guys, it’s the day where you find out which fraternities gave you bids. For everyone, it’s a massive party. No matter where you end up, Shake Day is taken very seriously. For those who drink, it is a never ending supply of beer, fun, and dancing. For those who don’t drink, it’s still everything aforemetioned, minus the alcohol. Everyone experiences a whirlwind of emotions on this crazy day, so I’ll be using gifs to explain those emotions in a way only they can achieve.

Waking up and realizing it’s Shake Day

Impatiently waiting for your fateful bid card to finally be slid under your door

Still waiting for your bid card to be slid under your door

Finally, an envelope with your name on it slides your door, accompanied by loud banging to alert you to it as if you haven’t been staring at the door all day.

Opening your envelope and seeing which sorority you’re about to find your sisters in

More waiting for 3:00 to finally come and Shake Day to officially start

Finally meeting the rest of your pledge class

Running to meet your new sisters

Meeting your shaker(s)

Never-ending beer

Eating pizza between beers

Getting tired of beer

Finding something to drink besides beer (ie cider or water)

Hanging out in the house with your new sisters

Taking a break from all your fun to visit McClurg

Going to hit up the frats

Crossing paths with another house

Partying it up

Walking back to your dorm

Saying goodnight to your shaker

And finally bed time

SaveSave