Style > Beauty

Product Reviews: Buxom Va-Va-PLUMP™ Shiny Liquid Lipstick!

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sewanee chapter.

I recently had the opportunity to try out an awesome new product, and I’m absolutely in love.  To make this review a bit more organized I split it up into categories, so if you have certain things you always look for, this review should be super easy for you to read!

Color:

I tried the Va-Va-Plump lipstick in Wine Me, which is a super fun, bright raspberry. The color is pretty pigmented, so it looks brighter on than I expected it to when I saw it in the tube.  I didn’t mind this, because I love bright lipstick, but it isn’t for everyone. 

Formula

The lipstick is advertised as being a satin finish, which isn’t exactly how I would describe it.  It looks pretty matte once it’s on, but I didn’t mind that. I also love finally having a matte lipstick that isn’t drying. It stays on really nicely and lasts a long time, perfect for a night out!

Application

The applicator is one of my favorite parts of this lipstick. The shape is really nice and it goes on smoothly. There isn’t a lot to say with this, but I wanted to mention it because it was really nice.

Overall Quality

All in all, I think this lipstick really deserves its 4.3 stars on Sephora. It’s a nice lipstick at a reasonable price that has a ton of variety.  I would absolutely recommend this to a friend!

Carley Roe

Sewanee '18

Carley is currently a senior.  She is a psych major with an education minor, because she really likes kids and talking about her feelings.  Carley is from Columbus, Ohio and relocated to the south for the "better weather".  She loves dogs, horses, nail polish, dresses, and bows. In her free time she enjoys texting her mom, horseback riding, reading, and netflix.  Her dislikes include jogging, being cold, and eels.  Learn more about her here!