The Most Necessary Halloween Songs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sewanee chapter.

Here are songs to get you in the Halloween mood! (Probably not as much as this guy though, sorry)

Monster Mash

This has to be the number one Halloween song. Is it even Halloween without listening to this song. I mean really, what did happen to the Transylvania Twist?

Somebody Watching Me

With that spooky instrumental, this is an instant Halloween classic, then the paranoid lyrics and weird music video, how could this not make the list?

Thriller

This has to be the most iconic Halloween dance, and who even knew zombies could dance before this video came out? Everything about this song screams Halloween, especially the interrupting spooky Vincent Price.

Spooky Scary Skeletons

I’m not even sure if this is more meme or song, but either way I like it.

This is Halloween

If you were a Tim Burton fan growing up then you already know all the words to this song, if not, it’s still a good Halloween song for anyone.

Nightmare on My Street

This song is a journey… a Halloween journey. Side note: I feel like this is such an underrated Halloween song.

Time Warp

For the Rocky Horror Picture Show Fans, I don’t even need to remind you about this song, but for everyone else, this is a good Halloween jam.

Werewolves of London

This song has a different vibe from the others on the list, but due to the subject matter, I think it still earns its spot on this list.

Pet Sematary

With the references to horror movies and the lyrics, this song is definately spooky enough for you to listen to this Halloween.