This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sewanee chapter.
  1. Bakerie Makeup (Online)

This place’s makeup is literally to die for – and by makeup, I mean their lipsticks and high lighters. Their lipsticks are COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY smudge proof. Like woah.

1. E.L.F (Online and in Stores)

This company is SUPER cheap with pretty decent products, especially their baked high lighters and moisturizers. Their products and pretty small, but you can’t complain at the price they come at that’s for sure.

1. Hard Candy (Online and in Walmart)

Nice, ‘edgy’ makeup with cool designs and nice products. Definitely affordable and nice quality. My favourite is their highlighter and eye primer! They are also described as a cheaper version of Urban Decay so do with that what you will.

1. Kat Von D (Online and in Sephora)

Ugh, Kat Von D is just amazing, let’s be real. Her makeup line is more expensive, but nothing can be her eye shadows. They are so nice and pigmented. Her eyeliner is also killer, but her lipstick is so-so from what I’ve heard.

1. Too Faced (Online and in Sephora and ULTA)

Their packaging is way too cute for words! Plus all of their products are of high quality, and their product pigmentation is to die for. Definitely pricey, definitely worth it.

1. NYX (Online and in Stores)

A super affordable brand that offers a wide variety of products. The best thing about them is definitely their arrange of eyeliners (that can double as lip liners fyi).

1. Smash Box (Online and in Sephora)

Their foundation is so. Amazing. They’re more high end and therefore more expensive, but honestly they are so worth it. The foundation looks like it melts seamlessly into your skin without leaving behind a thick or greasy feeling. So awesome.

1. Urban Decay (Online and in Sephora)

Look no further for cleaning products or finishing spray, this place has got you covered! Not all that expensive but definitely not as cheap as some of the others previously mentioned on this list.

1. Wet N Wild (Online and in Drugstores)

If you need cheap, affordable makeup in a pinch then this is where to go. I love using their makeup to experiment with eye shadow colours and for cosplay.

1. Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics (Online)

These eye shadows are so pigmented and bright that they will make you cry tears of joy. Too perfect for words, to be honest, and really quite affordable at the end of the day.

1. Vegan Cuts (Online)

A Vegan alternative to IPSY where all the products you get are just as nice, but totally cruelty free! Hell yeah!

Born and raised in Dandridge, TN, Taylor is a simple pre-law anthropology major and is a fan of anything cute/fluffy, reading, tea/coffee, and cats. Her patronus is Harley Quinn.