Campus Cutie: Abbey Shockley C’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sewanee chapter.

Have you ever been walking down University Avenue when suddenly, a red 1991 Isuzu Trooper passes you with the windows rolled down blasting “Reaper” by Sia? Or, have you heard the pop of a Diet Coke opening at the beginning of one of your classes? Perhaps you tried studying in the conference room of the Academic Technology Center, only to realize that it was reserved for a study session that will last long into the next morning. If you have encountered any of these scenarios, you most likely have experienced a routine occurrence in the day (or night) of the life of Abbey Shockley, C’18. Between the Student Government Association, the Women’s Golf Team, and Theta Pi Sorority, Shockley is a true Sewanee staple. This Texas gal loves Sewanee almost as much as she loves queso. 

Name: Abbey Shockley

Nicknames: Abs, Abigail (it’s not my name), Shock Top, Freaky Friend, Shambly

Birthday: September 17th (but really the entire week leading up to that day) 

Class: 2018

Greek Organization: Theta Pi 

Hometown: Corpus Christi, TX    

Major: Politics with a Psychology minor 

Relationship Status: haha girls just wanna have fun and party in the USA

Extracurricular Activities: SGA, Community Council (Sewanee’s City Council), Golf Team Captain, Arcadians, Secretary of College Republicans, Promotions Coordinator of Theta Pi, All Saints’ Acolyte

Best Class You’ve taken at Sewanee: Constitutional Law (Balancing Powers and Civil Liberties) with (Queen) Andrea Hatcher 

Signature Pub Order: Jalapeño chips or a grilled cheese with extra pickles 

Signature Dance Move: One arm behind my back, bouncing up and down 

Go-to McClurg Line: Cereal- Cinnamon Toast Crunch

What qualities do you find most attractive in a boy: Tall, blond, clean-cut, all-American (kidding?) but mostly just someone who is confident and politically informed

Biggest Pet Peeve: Group projects and mouth breathing 

Spirit Animal: A category 5 hurricane 

Weird Body Fact: I lost my last baby tooth in high school.

What is the most embarrassing song on your Spotify? Omigod You Guys from the Legally Blonde Musical 

What is your most embarrassing Sewanee story? Um comment suggestions below…

How many people can fit in your car (The Trooper)? Trooper’s limit does not exist

How many times have you seen Wolf of Wall Street? At least 7 times

If you could save one thing in a fire what would it be? Garrett Lucey.

SaveSave

SaveSave