Why You Should Be Involved On Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

Joining an organization in college is definitely a power move, especially if you’re just starting out and looking to make friends with similar interests! As someone who’s been involved in a few clubs and organizations I can say that they’ve all benefited me in one way or another. Even if it was just helping me realize that I wasn’t interested in something, it was a way of helping myself get on the path to happiness. College is the perfect place to find yourself because you have so much time to create you’re own environment and choose to be around whoever you want. 

The only possible downsides to joining a club or organization that i could think of would any fees and balancing your time with your school work. For example, if you’re in a sorority, you have to pay a certain amount of money each year that they call “dues”. Some sororities’ dues are more expensive than others, but when you think about it, the opportunities that you get out of joining are endless. Some people might also have an issue with time management and balancing their school work, on top of extra activities. Personally, I feel as though I’m more successful with a busy schedule, as it keeps me on top of things. 

Regardless of what you choose, joining a club or organization in college is a decision that will

definitely change your life for the better in some way, even if it’s just a little.