Valentine’s Day Made Easy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

February 14th is a day that is loved and hated by many. Some make a huge deal out of it, others totally avoid anything that involves hearts or flowers. Some even dedicate the day to Rom Coms and giant tubs of ice-cream.  I personally think that no matter how you spend it, there is a way to make the day enjoyable.

Forget the Valentine’s Day Stereotypes, if you are in a relationship you don’t need to spend everything in your wallet to make the day memorable and exciting. After buying textbooks and still having left over debt from Christmas, it is the little things that will show how much you care the most. 

If you want to go traditional, get him some cologne or a wallet but stay away from brands like Cartier and Louis Vuitton, you are in college purchasing brands like that can wait till later in life when we have steady jobs and big budgets.

If you are both broke from the life of a college student, than set a limit on the amount you both want to spend and actually stick to it or even better make or cook something for him. Food is never underrated when it comes to guys. Bake his favorite kind of cake or if you are a really great chef prepare his favorite meal. Even decorating a box and adding his favorite snacks like chips and candy is a great way to go!

If he is a partier, get him something you’ll know he’ll love; Beer, whether it’s a six pack or Budweiser pajama pants, Beer is a straight road to a college guys heart even if you add a big red bow and chocolate to match the occasion. 

If you want to go in bit of a sexier direction for the day, buy him boxers or even treat yourself to new hot lingerie. I’m pretty sure most guys would not mind sharing a gift like that with you.

It is not as hard as you think, you don’t need to find the perfect gift. What matters the most is showing your valentine how much you care and appreciate them. The common phrase “Go Big or Go Home” definitely does not need to apply to this holiday. Just put your heart into any gift you give and you will be set for a perfect day.