Ultimate Flower Child: The Bohemian Trend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

Picture this: Vance Joy or Florence and the Machine plays in the background while you sit in a field full of flowers. You’re wearing faded jeans and a white off-the-shoulder shirt. Your turquoise jewelry covers both of your hands and as you lean back and look up at the sun, your flower-chain headband falls off of your head. It’s corny, I know. But it’s the latest obsession.

You may or may not like the looks of the “Bohemian trend,” but whether or not you like it, you’re going to see it. Today, it’s almost impossible to go out without seeing someone with a shirt with fringe, boyfriend jeans, or strappy sandals. Forget the fashion aspect, this new aesthetic is not only a way of dressing, for some, it’s their way of life.

5 ways to know you live the Bohemian way of life

1. Fashion

If your closet consists of floral shirts, chunky jewelry, purses with fringe, and faded denim, you’re halfway there. The “boho” style is one that we’re absolutely loving. We’re not quite sure how it became a trend though… It’s a possibility we fell in love with these trends after seeing pictures of the Jenners at Coachella!

2. Free Spirit

The outdoors, wind-blown hair, and festivals are your go-to’s. If you enjoy the sun beating down on your face or a cool breeze while you explore through grassy fields or beaches, you’ve got a little bit of the boho spirit. If a bright and busy carnival or sweaty, yet fun festival intrigues you, you’re living the bohemian life!

3. Music

Okay, we get it. You can listen to whatever type of music you like, however, these few artists are definitely described as “bohemian!”

-Lana Del Rey

-Childish Gambino

-BØRNS

-The Chainsmokers

-Vance Joy

-Florence + the Machine

-Marina and the Diamonds

These are just a few, but let’s be real, the real bohemian music is what you should be listening to!

4. Jewelry

Large necklaces and bracelets, chains, facial stickers and jewels, anklets, rings. You name it, you’ve got the look. No matter where or what the jewelry is, as long as it feels like you’re wearing TOO much, you’re fitting in with the look!

5. Happiness

Of course, the most important part of life itself. We’ve noticed that those that living the bohemian way of life tend to have the best outlook on life! Live life to the fullest and enjoy every second of everything you do! 

Hello all, my name is Courtney Jenney and I am one of the writers for the Seton Hall Her Campus. I am a Journalism and Public Relations major studying as a full time student at Seton Hall University. I consider myself a lover of all things beautiful; fashion, well-being, beauty, health, art, travel, and music. I was born and raised on Cape Cod in Massachusetts; home to beautiful beach views and royal history. My home is an hour south of Boston; which is why I have a love for all of the New England/Boston sports teams. As passionate for writing as I am, I am striving to entertain others with my writing and provide lively topics for other students around campus! Cheers to the future! XO