Top 10 Hottest Presidents in United States History

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

In honor of President’s Day, we have put together a list of the top 10 hottest guys to ever sit in the Oval Office. Study up ladies, this is a history lesson that you won’t mind reviewing!

10. George Washington

It really doesn’t get much better than OG George. As a founding father of our country and a lead general in the Revolutionary War, President Washington made great strides in setting the foundation of our great nation. He was born and raised in Virginia on a tobacco planting farm. Fun fact: he was sworn in as president on Federal Hall on Wall Street in New York.

9. James Madison

James Madison was the 4th President and another founding father of the United States. He was the oldest of 12 children with farmers as parents. He got his degree from Princeton, graduating in 1771. Madison was the last surviving signatory of the constitution, and the first president to have previously been a congressmen.

8. James Garfield

In the words of Taylor Swift, that beard will never go out of style. Garfield was the 20th President of the United States, and unfortunately had the second shortest presidency in U.S. history, lasting only 200 days. He was a Major General in the Civil War and fought for the Union.

7. Theodore Roosevelt

Teddy Roosevelt brought an unprecedented energy to The White House when he was sworn in as president in 1901. He was the youngest president in U.S. history. He was known for doing what was absolutely best for the American people as long as it was in line with the constitution. He was also the creator of the “Teddy Bear.”

6. Jimmy Carter

Jimmy Carter was the 39th President of the United States. He grew up on a peanut farm in Georgia. He was a Naval Officer for 7 years before being elected as the Governor of Georgia. Carter is almost better known for his work done after he left office. He has done a lot of work towards international peace, winning the Nobel Peace Prize in 2002.

5. Dwight D. Eisenhower

Eisenhower was the 34th President of the United States. He was a general during World War II, leading to many victories in Europe. During his presidency, he was able to create a truce in Korea and helped to end the Cold War.

4. Ronald Reagan

Reagan was the 40th President of the United States. He was an actor before becoming a politician. He was also the father of “trickle down” economics. You’ve probably seen his name on frat boys’ t-shirts. #ReaganBush84

3. Barack Obama

President Obama is the 44th and current President. He is the first African-American President to hold office and has rolled out many policies to benefit the American public; his most notable being the Affordable Care Act, also known as “Obamacare.” Fun fact: he’s part Irish!

2. William Clinton

The 42nd President, and last President of the 20th century is Bill Clinton. During his time in office, America was extremely peaceful. His presidency was also known for a period of very strong economics. He was the first President in a long time to have a budget surplus. He is now helping his wife, Hilary Clinton, campaign for her shot at the Oval Office in 2016.

1.John F. Kennedy

John F Kennedy, better known as JFK was the 35th President of the United States. The notorious cutie was a war hero in the Navy during World War II. A Harvard graduate, he was the youngest President elected (as Teddy Roosevelt wasn’t elected his first term). He unfortunately was also the youngest to die in office. His wife, Jackie O, was a style icon throughout the 60’s. The Kennedy’s were known for their charm, along with the scandals and mystery that seemed to surround the family. 

"If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change toward him. We need not wait to see what others do." -Mahatma Gandhi. I live for vanilla lattes and chocolate covered pretzels. If you don't like the color pink, chances are I don't like you. Future President... and if all else fails, future First Lady.