St. Patty’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

Today’s the day! The sun is shining! We’re cookin’ up corned beef and cabbage in the crockpot and the Irish are ruling the world for the next 24 hours. It doesn’t matter if you’re 0 or 90 percent of Irish decent, everyone has 100% Irish blood flowing through their veins today. All nationalities get to celebrate and no one is excluded from the fun! Personally, I would argue this is the best day of the year. What other day can you walk around looking  like a leprechaun in kilt, doubling fisting green beer all day without judgement? Special shout out to St. Pete, patron saint of Ireland for making all these festivities possible!

Actually being from a strong Irish family makes this day that much more exciting. Growing up with a grandma randomly singing (more like shouting) Irish ditties on a whim, and with a mom who has a zero tolerance policy for a lack of spirit on any holiday (let alone our heritage’s national holiday) ignites an extra type of love in me for this day! Needless to say, if you heard the “Happy St. Patrick’s Day” Spotify radio blasting from a dorm room, at the crack of dawn, anticipating the festivities today it was probably me.

Anyway… legend has it that each leaf of the 4-leaf clover represents Hope, Faith, Love and Luck. Although your odds of finding a 4-leaf clover are 1 in 10,000, I hope the meaning of the clover and the fun of the day carries with you for St. Patty’s day to come!

Veronica Ruth

Seton Hall '20

.