neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

New Year, New Me? Take two!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

We are about four weeks into the New Year and I am the same me. The me that I have been since 2011ish but my eyebrow game has improved for the better! I started 2017 off with good intentions. I read somewhere that the way you start off the New Year sets the tone for the whole year. So I woke up really early on New Year’s Day went jogging then shopping for healthy food. I had plans to get healthy, read more, try new things and to all around better myself. I felt that this year was going to be different for many reasons, mainly because I graduate in May and I wanted to take on the “real world” as the best version of myself.

For a solid 24 hours I was feeling that 2017 was going to be my best year yet. Then two days later I found myself feasting at Olive Garden (breadsticks are my life) and binge watching television on far too many streaming platforms (whoops). As my favorite person, Taylor Swift says in her song that is allegedly about Kanye west, “today is never too late to be brand new.” February is right around the corner I am ready to “begin again” (another T.S. reference). I know that I do not need a clock to strike midnight signaling another year to start working on myself and I feel that is progress. Twenty-seventeen, I am so ready for you!

My name is Margarita Williamson and I am a junior Journalism major from beautiful Southern California. I have a passion for ranch dressing and I love country music, Netflix, and reading. I support all things Taylor Swift and will defend One Direction till the end. My knack for investigating is top notch. I aspire to attend law school in the hopes of one day becoming a legal commentator.