This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

Introducing our Social Media Director Leah Carton! We sat down with her to get to know how she balances such a busy life and what it is about HC that she loves so much.

1. What is your favorite part of Her Campus?

My favorite part about Her Campus is being given the platform to be creative, relatable and to speak your mind. I’m empowered that Her Campus features only women writers and that they are able to freely express themselves and their ideas.

2. What are some of your secrets to a great Instagram game? 

Coordinating our chapter’s Instagram and Twitter allows me to be able to connect with the college women on our campus. We even have some male supporters! When it comes to posting on Instagram, I try to promote our content that we feature online. It’s definitely helpful that articles have pictures too because I typically use those same ones on our Instagram. I also try to post relatable, inspiring or funny quotes or pictures found on the internet. I found that posting pictures of students or alums that we profile are a big hit because their friends see it and it usually stirs up a few comments. I really want to make sure that I feature Seton Hall and our community on Instagram but also post things that anyone could relate to. While I post tweets on Twitter promoting our content I also really like to post relatable moments with gifs. Links are better on Twitter too because links don’t work in Instagram captions. 

3. What is your dream job?

I just really want to inform others and help or inspire people through communications. My dream job is at Seventeen Magazine where I am currently a features intern for the spring semester. I enjoy being able to connect with readers. I like working on and sourcing for content that I know will have an impact on teen girls, and inform or inspire them. I love the communications field. I really love both journalism and public relations and I already have experience with both through internships and extracurricular activities. I also have a growing interest in working with social media- which is why my role for social media coordinator is a perfect fit!

4. How do you balance clubs, school, AND interning? 

Time management and prioritizing responsibilities is huge when it comes to juggling coursework, an internship and extracurricular activities. However I wouldn’t necessarily call it juggling because I love what I do and I’m passionate about it, so I don’t see it as a hassle. I commute into New York three full days a week for my internship and I have two full days of classes. I copy edit news staff writers’ articles and write my own articles for the news section of The Setonian. I’m working on a semester-long campaign for a nonprofit client for my public relations course, I’m a mentee in CHAMP, and I’m on the Her Campus team. Being as productive and busy as I am simply continues to inspire me to work even harder. I make it work and I am passionate and excited about everything that I’m involved in. 

5. What is your favorite part about Seton Hall? 

As cliché as it may sound, Seton Hall has become a second home to me. I’m grateful for all of the connections that I’ve made here through The Setonian and Her Campus. I’ve met some of the best and nicest people here- students, SHU employees and professors. I’m forever grateful for the classes that I’ve grown from and the opportunities that I’ve had and that I might not have had if I wasn’t a student at Seton Hall. 

While striving to become a high maintenance magazine girl, Rachel in the mean time, is a Senior Diplomacy major at Seton Hall. Obsessions include: her dog, airplanes, horoscopes (Cosmo astrologers are n e v e r wrong), and her sorority. When asked where she plans to be in 10 years Rachel responded "In 10 years I hope I'm either a very successful NYC woman or on vacation...either will do really."