It’s In The Bag: Seton Hall Female Athletes Talk Travel Essentials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

From the court to the pool, Seton Hall female athletes are packing the heat –and their favorite travel essentials as they endeavor to face their next competitors.

Toner spray, disposable cameras and journals are just a few of the items that make the travel check list for some of our Pirates and here we are going to tell you why…

Softball player Joelle Arrante, who plays second base and outfield, said toner spray, Lush Tea Tree Water in particular, is essential. Arrante described it as a cleansing spray that helps remove the dirt from your face.

“Even though it’s gross, it is very satisfying to see the dirt come off on the cotton ball –especially since we play in the dirt,” Arrante said. “The toner spray helps me feel extra clean after a long day at the field.”

To be used for a Netflix break, during study hall hours or to listen to music on the bus or a plane, Arrante also named headphones as one of her must-haves for the road.

Sharing the field and a room with Arrante is pitcher, Lauren Fischer. She said her experiences travelling with her team so far have been both amazing and stressful. Taking disposable cameras along with her to photograph their various destinations makes for a fun revisit weeks after they have returned.

“My roommate Joelle and I started using them our freshman year to take pictures of all the awesome places we get to travel to,” Fischer said. “We have so much fun with them because we all forget about the pictures we take until a couple weeks later when the pictures are actually developed.”

Fischer also packs a bunch of headbands and bows to ensure her hair is as good as her arm on the pitcher’s mound.

From looking good to eating well, they’ve got it all in the bag. Cross Country runner Christiana Rutkowski said she always packs foods she eats every day when travelling including apples, Quest bars and peanut butter.

Rutkowski brings her blanket and journal too.

“All of my items help me stay organized, on top of my life and happy,” Rutkowski said.

Shoeaholic. Shopaholic. Glitteraholic. Super passionate and forever dreaming, Seton Hall University junior Michelle Foti is an aspiring arts and entertainment reporter. Michelle is the Pirate Life Editor of "The Setonian" and the creator and host of SHUdent Style Watch. Michelle is a team member of the online fashion blog Colabination.com and publishes her own blog, missuniversityxo.com. Michelle struts (in fabulous shoes of course!) to the beat of never settling and always preaches: life is a fashion show, make your designer proud. XO                                                                                                                                                                                    
Rebecca Gramuglia is a senior Public Relations major with a minor in Graphic Design at Seton Hall University. As the Campus Correspondent for the Seton Hall Her Campus chapter, Rebecca enjoys writing all types of pieces from features to relatable blog posts. In addition to being the HC Campus Correspondent, she is involved with her sorority, Alpha Gamma Delta, and is the President of the Public Relations Student Society of America. When she's not glued to her MacBook, you can find Rebecca obsessing over clothes and watching Clueless.