This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

DIY Holiday Gift Guide

It’s that time of the year where we all make a list of people we need to buy presents for…..and then realize our bank accounts probably won’t agree with a lot of our shopping decisions! We’ve created a DIY Gift Guide to give you some ideas on how to please your friends and family, AND your bank account!

1.Tasty Goods

Everybody loves festive treats! Bake some cookies or brownies, or even make some chocolate covered strawberries or pretzels! Package them in a mason jar with some ribbon and a festive label and you’ve got a not only visual pleasing gift, but also something delicious!

2.Coffee Addicts Galore

Go to your nearest craft or ceramics store and purchase a white mug! Paint monograms, designs, or any personalized touch to the mug and fill it with little goodies! People are bound to love this cute and original present!

3.Get Crafty

Paint a canvas, frame, or even a simple glass ornament! Personalize each with different colors, sayings, glitter, ribbons, and memories!

4.Movie Package

We all know Target always has that giant bin of $5 DVD’s… Purchase a few classics, a box of popcorn, and a gift card to your nearest movie theater! Put these in a basket and give someone a fun night out in a package!

5.Home Decor…And Beauty Supplies

If you have the talent to knit or sew, create a throw pillow! They can easily be customized and a personal and decorative gift for all! As for beauty and bath supplies, theres many recipes for soaps and bath bombs online, make different scents and creative names for them!

We hope we could give you a few gift ideas this year and we hope you’re able to happily give presents without breaking the bank! Happy Holiday’s, Pirates! xo

Hello all, my name is Courtney Jenney and I am one of the writers for the Seton Hall Her Campus. I am a Journalism and Public Relations major studying as a full time student at Seton Hall University. I consider myself a lover of all things beautiful; fashion, well-being, beauty, health, art, travel, and music. I was born and raised on Cape Cod in Massachusetts; home to beautiful beach views and royal history. My home is an hour south of Boston; which is why I have a love for all of the New England/Boston sports teams. As passionate for writing as I am, I am striving to entertain others with my writing and provide lively topics for other students around campus! Cheers to the future! XO