gaelle marcel S6hz7Y1FCTs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
gaelle marcel S6hz7Y1FCTs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Campus Cutie: Heather Keith

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

Year: Senior

Hometown: Vernon, NJ

Major/Minor: Early Childhood, Elementary and Special Education / English

Relationship status: In a Relationship

Hobbies/campus activities: I am an avid babysitter and spend most of my free time getting paid to watch G-rated movies. I am also the Music Chair, Chaplain and Director of Ritual for Alpha Sigma Tau.

Celebrity crush: Charlie Hunnam

HC (Her Campus):Why did you choose to be an education major?

HK (Heather Keith): After spending years working with children I have discovered that my true passion lies in teaching and learning alongside students. I have always wanted to be a teacher, but as I got older I started to gain a better idea of what an educator truly was and fell more and more in love with the profession.

HC: What semester did you do the Disney College Program?

HK: Fall 2014

HC: What made you want to do the Disney Program?

HK: I wanted to work for the best company in the world and live out my dream of basically living in Walt Disney World.

HC: What is the best thing about the program?

HK: Walt Disney World attracts such an incredible range of people and it was amazing to be able to meet so many people from all over the country and world. It was also pretty fantastic to be able to go to any Walt Disney World park for free whenever I wanted.

HC: What was your favorite experience/best job during your time?

HK: I worked at a store called Big Top Souvenirs in Magic Kingdom and had extremely long and late work hours. I generally enjoyed working in the production kitchen and making various treats such as caramel apples, cake pops and cotton candy. On Christmas night at three in the morning after working a 12-hour shift, the park closed and our manager announced that we were going to go ride Dumbo and be able to eat some of the treats we had made!

HC: Is Disney World the ideal date place for you?

HK: Absolutely. Who wouldn’t want to walk hand-in-hand down Main Street with someone they like after they just rode Space Mountain 82 times in a row and got lunch at Cinderella’s Royal Table?!

HC: If you could dress up and be any character for the day, who would you be?

HK: Definitely Cinderella! I actually have dressed up as her for a little girl’s birthday party one time and it was a truly magical experience.

HC: Million dollar question…what is your favorite Disney movie?

HK: That’s a tough question but I would have to say Enchanted. It utilizes real humans and animations, the songs are fantastical, the actors are incredible, Giselle’s outfits are absolutely beautiful, the princess saves the prince instead of the other way around, it teaches children about kindness and overall provides the message that there is more to life than a fairytale ending. 

Jenna Pearsall is a junior journalism major at Seton Hall University. She is the Director of Public Relations for her sorority Alpha Sigma Tau and Social Media Manager for her school newspaper, The Setonian. Favorite things include eating pizza, quoting The Office, and reciting Shakespearean sonnets. When she’s not jamming out to Taylor Swift, you can catch her watching Gossip Girl or obsessing over any Audrey Hepburn movie.
Rebecca Gramuglia is a senior Public Relations major with a minor in Graphic Design at Seton Hall University. As the Campus Correspondent for the Seton Hall Her Campus chapter, Rebecca enjoys writing all types of pieces from features to relatable blog posts. In addition to being the HC Campus Correspondent, she is involved with her sorority, Alpha Gamma Delta, and is the President of the Public Relations Student Society of America. When she's not glued to her MacBook, you can find Rebecca obsessing over clothes and watching Clueless.