Campus Celeb – The Green

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

Campus Celeb: THE GREEN

Year: 159th Grade  

Hometown: South Orange, New Jersey

Major: Environmental Studies

Role Model: Central Park

When you think of Seton Hall Campus and Spring only one thing can come to mind: the Green! 

Although a campus tour might tell you that the Walsh library is the “gem” of Seton Hall’s campus, we all know that the real gem is…the Green! Whether it’s a crisp fall day, a snow day off from class, or a gorgeous spring afternoon you can always find students loving life on the green.

As the end of the semester starts to creep up on students, the temptation of the green is at an all-time high. “The green is basically like the best black hole I’ve ever experienced.” said Sophomore Carissa Moore. “I could be super stressed out about finals or class but when my friends convince me to just sit on the green I automatically feel better.” 

Not only does the green have super relaxing qualities, but it also is always filled with activity! During the spring you can always find a group of boys throwing a football or playing catch and then you can move on to a group listening to music and trying to get some sun. “My favorite thing to do on the green is throw a football, it’s basically all I do on the green.” Said sophomore, Tom Wolf.

Or if you’re there on the right day at the right time you may even stumble across some therapy dogs to love and pet before you dash to class. If you want to do the opposite and focus on your classes you can always try to get work done on the green but there may be some distractions. “I love that there’s wifi on the green and it’s a really great place to take a nap.” Said Junior, Sam Cutrone.

The prime green season is definitely the last month of the spring semester so make sure you enjoy the last few days before it’s too late collegietes! “As short as it is, the time of the year when everyone is on the green provides such a fun atmosphere, and this is something I’ll always miss about college.” said Senior, Troy Balog.

While striving to become a high maintenance magazine girl, Rachel in the mean time, is a Senior Diplomacy major at Seton Hall. Obsessions include: her dog, airplanes, horoscopes (Cosmo astrologers are n e v e r wrong), and her sorority. When asked where she plans to be in 10 years Rachel responded "In 10 years I hope I'm either a very successful NYC woman or on vacation...either will do really."