Campus Celeb: Eric Lagg

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

This week’s Campus Celeb comes from the Seton Hall soccer field!  Eric Lagg, from Lafayette, NJ, is a senior at Seton Hall and is a Television Production major.

When asked about his favorite part of Seton Hall University, Eric decided that his favorite part was the proximity to New York City, which also coincides with his major as a Television Producer. Although he is very involved in his major, he is also very involved in the game of soccer.  His favorite aspects of soccer are “the beauty of the game, as well as the passion of the players and the fans.”

We then asked Eric about whether he sees soccer in his future, since being a television producer will probably be very busy for him, and he said that “soccer will definitely be in [his] future! Whether it’s playing, coaching, or just watching the game every weekend, soccer will always be a huge part of [his] life.”

Eric gave us a little bit of insight about his major when we asked him why he chose Television Production.  He told us that originally, he was a marketing major, but he lost interest in it as he got deeper into the classes.  Some of his friends, who are also Television Production majors, suggested that he get involved in Pirate TV.  This ultimately caused him to switch his major from marketing to Television Production, and he has no regrets whatsoever.

Of course we had to ask Eric about the coolest trick he’s ever done while playing soccer, and he answered with “The Rainbow.”  Upon looking up the trick on the internet, we saw that “The Rainbow” is a sort of flicking kick performed by kicking the ball up from the back of one leg so that it flies to the front of the player; the motion of the ball looks like a rainbow!

We got a little insightful with our celeb and asked him about his ideal lifestyle in ten years. He replied that he would like to be “living in New York somewhere, with a Siberian husky, and working in the music industry in some capacity.”  We also asked him what kind of impact he plans to have at Seton Hall, to which he replied that he would like to replicate Michael Scott from the Office and stick his face in wet cement! (Haha!)  He followed up with a more serious answer and said that he would just like to pass down some useful knowledge that would help out an underclassman in some way.

A big thank you to Eric for taking his time out to share a bit of his life with us!  Be sure to give our Campus Celeb a shout out if you see him on campus or on the soccer field!

Hey there party people! My name is Sam and I am a double major in Art History and Journalism. Odd mix? Well I am an odd person ;). I have many, many passions in life; some of which include sweet corn, Vincent van Gogh, sugar, my relationship (corny whatever), the stage, writing, squatting, party pants, and The Office. If you put something in front of me, I'll probably be passionate about it. Well, that's me! Yay! Wahoo! Yee haw!