7 Spring Trends to Rival Florals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

7 Spring Trends to Rival Florals

With the rise of spring comes the breakthrough of different fashion trends that were too vivid and fun for the long and dreary months of winter.  Yes, winter has its own iconic trends in the form of booties and fur vests, but there are plenty more options in the spring when we don’t have to worry about the frigid winter air.

Although the idea of spring insinuates budding flowers and new life, florals are one of the most basic fashion trends for spring, and there are many other options that create much more of a fashion statement.

1.  Bright blazers

A bright colored blazer adds a professional statement to any outfit, whether casual or business casual.  You can wear this piece with just about anything you decide to wear, but it adds that touch of color that screams “warmth” and “spring”.

2.  Cut-out Booties

Booties are normally a staple for winter-time, but they can easily be paired with spring and summer-time clothing.  The booties that have cut-outs combine the style of the bootie with weather-appropriateness.

3.  Statement Earrings

You’ve worn your statement necklaces and your cuff bracelets to add an extra bit of flavor to an outfit, but now you need to add statement earrings to the mix.  With the right hairstyle, this ear accessory can accentuate your facial frame with an elegant flair.

4.  Bright striped patterns

The brighter the stripes and the more mixed colors the better.  This is an alternative and exciting print compared to the boring florals that everyone is wearing during the spring.

5.  White sneakers

This trend, shown by Queen RihRih herself, is great for a casual day of shopping or class.  You can wear these sneaks with jeans and a tee, or even with a casual skirt like Rihanna.

6.  Novelty Prints

Novelty prints are fun, spunky and edgy.  They can come in the form of any clothing but really amp up your look when they are worn correctly.

7.  Boyfriend Jeans

These aren’t exactly a new trend, but definitely a staple.  Boyfriend jeans can be dressed up, dressed down, you name it, while still being extremely stylish. 

Spring is a time to branch out and try new things, and one of those things should definitely be fashion.  These new and stylish trends show the world that you’re ready for the new season just as well as a floral sun-dress can!

Hey there party people! My name is Sam and I am a double major in Art History and Journalism. Odd mix? Well I am an odd person ;). I have many, many passions in life; some of which include sweet corn, Vincent van Gogh, sugar, my relationship (corny whatever), the stage, writing, squatting, party pants, and The Office. If you put something in front of me, I'll probably be passionate about it. Well, that's me! Yay! Wahoo! Yee haw!