5 Ways to Make Time for Your SO When You’re Both Busy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

Exams, jobs, essays, extracurricular activities, classes… Whether our daily schedules are consumed with things we enjoy or not, they’re usually things we have no choice but to get done. Time is most definitely not on your side here, but keeping your relationship with your SO strong is super important! Here are five ways that we’ve come up with to help you keep the love alive!

1.     Fit Them Into Your Everyday Routine

Whether you have 5 minutes in between class or an hour, try to squeeze in those few minutes to see your SO. Meet them outside the building your class is in or even just walk to your class with them… A few minutes is better than none! And it’s sure to brighten your day and their day!

2. Sacrifice

We get that going out with all of your friends is the most fun, but if you haven’t seen much of your SO in the past week, schedule a night in! Watch Netflix, order pizza, and just talk! Catch up on what you both have done in the past week and try to keep one another informed of what’s new! Although you may feel like you are missing out while all of your pals are in NYC, spending one night in with your SO is so worth it!

3. Keep The Streak Alive

Yup, you guessed it! SNAPCHAT. Constant texting can get a bit….wordy? Why not Snapchat your SO throughout the day so they can not only READ what you are doing, but actually see! And we’re sure you’ll love to see their face, even if it is for 10 seconds through a phone screen!

4. Stick to Your Word

If you plan a date a week in advance with your SO, stick to it. Don’t change the plans or cancel last minute. Keep the trust in your SO that you’re still excited to see them and you still look forward to date night, regardless of how busy you are!

5. Be Productive Together

Go to the library together and get work done, workout at the gym together, or even help one another out with a project! Although you may not be able to communicate much during this time, the fact that you are getting things done and together at the same time shows that you can have fun and be productive!

Hello all, my name is Courtney Jenney and I am one of the writers for the Seton Hall Her Campus. I am a Journalism and Public Relations major studying as a full time student at Seton Hall University. I consider myself a lover of all things beautiful; fashion, well-being, beauty, health, art, travel, and music. I was born and raised on Cape Cod in Massachusetts; home to beautiful beach views and royal history. My home is an hour south of Boston; which is why I have a love for all of the New England/Boston sports teams. As passionate for writing as I am, I am striving to entertain others with my writing and provide lively topics for other students around campus! Cheers to the future! XO