This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

De-feathered and plucked, made up with beautiful fall hues and bronzed to perfection, smoking hot at 165 degrees—no exaggeration. Not your face before a mirror, but a turkey served on a decorative dish—that you most likely can see your reflection in—sits on your Thanksgiving table and it may act as a greater head-turner than you. But then again, probably not!

Across America, across New Jersey, across campus and perhaps sitting across from you at your own Thanksgiving table one day, you will encounter individuals who may not have had Thanksgiving experiences as fortunate as your own for reasons well beyond a burnt, raw, still gobbling, or overcooked turkey now ignited in flames.

Before giving thanks on November 26, make others thankful for you by giving back in ways affordable, relevant, but not so typical of a college student.

1.     Pay it Forward

At this point we’ve all enjoyed enough tall pumpkin spice lattes to comprise two weeks’ worth of fall-in-a-cup trentas and now peppermint mocha and crème brulee are here and the truth of the matter is…they’re even better! Make someone’s day by paying it forward, using your gold card to pay for their order.

2.     Tip with a tip, and generously

Before you toss that dollar (yes dollar!) in the tip jar, write a cute message on it, so every hand that dollar passes through will be warmed by your kind words.

3.     Post an inspirational quote instead of a selfie

Even though your smile speaks louder than your words, an inspirational quote instantly spreads positive vibes to all of your 875 followers.

4.     Buy and donate your favorite book

That book that you’ve picked up about advice on fulfilling your dream can help another girl just like you fulfill hers, too. Think compassion, not competition!

5.     Spread the love on social media

Use your heart(s) on social media generously, as we all know reaching that 150 likes mark can really make your day.

6.     Move over on the train

Usually that seat next to you is reserved for your laptop and oversized purse, but today move your belongings so someone can have a seat.

7.     Donation Sensation

Do a little holiday closet edit and rid your closet of those items you’ve never worn and never will. They can be someone else’s favorite #ootd!

8.     Prep your grandparents house for the holidays

Get your grandparents in the holiday spirit by becoming their elf of décor. Just because they can no longer accomplish the task does not mean it cannot be done!

9.     Bake for all far and near…in your apartment/hallway

Holiday baking is something we <3…#wifeymaterial. Share your best gingerbread cookies and favorite snickerdoodles with all of your friends!

10.  Don’t fight over the last pair…or maybe don’t go

Those killer Vince Camuto boots are a must-have pair, and we all know we’re prepared to fight. But being escorted out of the mall by security due to injuring someone by means of a stiletto is not how you want to end your day…or theirs. Think twice about Black Friday madness and the employees who have to deal crazed fashionistas just like you!

Shoeaholic. Shopaholic. Glitteraholic. Super passionate and forever dreaming, Seton Hall University junior Michelle Foti is an aspiring arts and entertainment reporter. Michelle is the Pirate Life Editor of "The Setonian" and the creator and host of SHUdent Style Watch. Michelle is a team member of the online fashion blog Colabination.com and publishes her own blog, missuniversityxo.com. Michelle struts (in fabulous shoes of course!) to the beat of never settling and always preaches: life is a fashion show, make your designer proud. XO                                                                                                                                                                                    
Rebecca Gramuglia is a senior Public Relations major with a minor in Graphic Design at Seton Hall University. As the Campus Correspondent for the Seton Hall Her Campus chapter, Rebecca enjoys writing all types of pieces from features to relatable blog posts. In addition to being the HC Campus Correspondent, she is involved with her sorority, Alpha Gamma Delta, and is the President of the Public Relations Student Society of America. When she's not glued to her MacBook, you can find Rebecca obsessing over clothes and watching Clueless.