10 Beach Vacation Essentials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

Be sure your suitcase is packed with these must-haves this summer!

1. Sunglasses

Make sure you protect your beautiful eyes from the sun! (Plus, they also double as a headband to keep your hair back!)

2. Sunscreen

Kardashian tans may be in this summer, but skin cancer definitely is not! Harmful UV rays can cause premature aging, wrinkles, sun spots, and the big C! Leave the worry at home and take the sun with you! It’s the best of both worlds!

3. Romper

This super cute, cheap, and easy look can be pulled off by literally everyone. Wear it as a beach cover up or pair it with a jean jacket, statement necklace, and some wedges and you’re ready for a night on the town.

4.  Headphones/ipod

Music is an essential wherever you go. Whether it’s on a flight, a crazy long car ride, a run on the beach or whatever, music is always useful. So lay on that hammock in the tropical sun and let today’s summer hits bring you to paradise..ahhhhh.

5. Magazine

Whatever your preference is, every girl needs something to read while she soaks up those rays! Also, be sure to check out HerCampus.com too of course!

6. Camera

Make sure you don’t forget your vacation of a lifetime, snap away! You can even make a cute collage that’s totally insta-worthy

7. Hair ties

These are an essential even when you aren’t on vacay! You’ll definitely want these babies when you’re on the beach and the summer breeze starts whipping your hair into one big knot. News flash: not all of us can pull off the beachy, wind-blown hair. We got you.

8. Bobby pins

Use these suckers to create quick and easy bohemian beach braids, or any cute style on the go!

9. Brush

Also, helpful for avoiding a beehive of hair on a beach day. (See 7&8)

10. Bathing suit

Duh! No skinning dipping allowed—especially if it’s a family trip…Yikes! Now that you are confident with your beautiful self after reading our tips and insides on exercise and eating right, show yourself off in an “itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini”—or any color and pattern of your choice! 

A spunky and quirky Public Relations, Journalism, and Spanish Major at Seton Hall University and sister of Alpha Gamma Delta. A Syracuse native-turned-Jersey Girl. Slightly obsessed with John Mayer, my dog, and anything sparkly. Moving to the City and never looking back...