The White House Kicks Butt 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seattle U chapter.

I wanted to title this article “When the 2015 White House Correspondents Dinner is Funnier than Justin Bieber’s Comedy Central Roast”—but that was too long. It’s unfortunate because holy Moses, hostess Cecily Strong and President Obama turned out to be a comedy dream team.

Since the dinner, which Obama excellently defined as, “the night when Washington celebrates itself—somebody’s gotta do it,” I am even more impressed with his comedic timing. Would it be weird to call Obama a babe? Not in a MILF, kind of way. In, like, a DILTH kind of way: A Dad-I’d-Like-To-Have.

He and SNL cast member Cecily Strong brought some hilariously dark roasting chops to the night and we thought they deserved a “best of.” 

Here are some of the best moments from the White House Correspondents dinner: 

Cecily Strong’s too-frickin-true commentary on women’s rights:

On sexist journalists: 

Obama’s entire set, but specifically, on his love for Joe Biden: 

On Dick Cheney:

On Obama’s “bucket” list:

“After the midterm elections, my advisors asked me, ‘Mr. President, do you have a bucket list?’ And I said, ‘Well, I have something that rhymes with bucket list…Take executive action on immigration. Bucket. New climate regulations. Bucket. It’s the right thing to do.’”

The Scholarship Awards for journalism students: 

Obama’s “anger translator” on Hilary Clinton: 

I need this on a tee shirt. 

If this list has made you eager for the full length roast of all things political, here is Obama’s and Cecily Strong’s set. You can also find clips of the whole event on CSPAN, where it was broadcast.

Avalon is a sophomore at SU, originally from the Bay Area. Likes include X-Files, breakfast, writing, and art pens. 
I'm Skyler. I go to Seattle University in hopes of earning a degree in Creative Writing. I love to discuss and write about LGBTQ politics, fashion, and I spend way too much time scrolling through Tumblr.