WCW: Jenna Coleman

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seattle U chapter.

She is my absolute number one girl crush, for sure. If you’re familiar with BBC’s Doctor Who, and are a nerd like me, there’s no doubt that her character Clara Oswald is kick-ass. Let’s learn a bit about the amazing actress behind the character.

First of all, if you go to her Twitter page, her clever bio reads:

As a human being of 5’1” I get way too excited every time I find out that a famous person is short like me. It’s good to see celebrities with different body types on TV. Also, her outfits in everything she’s been in are just an inspiration to me every day. She’s so adorable. I want to be her.

Jenna appeared in the “Women Who Kick Ass ComicCon Panel” which just goes to show that she, well, kicks ass. She is also an ambassador of Place2Be, an organization in the UK that supports the wellbeing of children in schools by providing mental health resources and emotional support. This is something I’m very passionate about myself, and I’m so happy to see one of my favorite female actresses supporting children’s mental health! She commented on the experience:

“I’m very proud to become an ambassador for Place2Be. Having visited the school, I have seen first-hand how vital their work is at very important stages of children’s personal growth and development. Offering support on a one to one level and a ‘place to talk’ and a ‘place to be’ when sometimes the outside world and simply growing up can be overwhelming is key. I want to help to raise awareness of the charity and hope this will help young people feel confident to talk openly about their feelings and incorporate it in everyday life.” 

Basically, she is an amazing woman who’s doing some amazing work in the UK, both in her acting and her activism. Sadly, she recently left Doctor Who, but for those of you who have yet to experience that show–go forth and watch! And for those of you who are deeply grieving Clara leaving the show, check out her new work as Queen Victoria on Victoria, and as Katrina Clark in Me Before You (which comes to theatres in June).

Seattle University student, lover of Harry Potter and Star Wars, writer, dreamer, adventurer.
I'm Skyler. I go to Seattle University in hopes of earning a degree in Creative Writing. I love to discuss and write about LGBTQ politics, fashion, and I spend way too much time scrolling through Tumblr.