This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SDSU chapter.

Spring Break is only 2 weeks away, Aztecs! Hopefully that will give you more motivation to push through your midterms and term papers. Once those are out of the way, you’ll want nothing more than to relax somewhere nice and not have to think about school or deadlines for one week. With that in mind, here are some Spring Break destinations that are (kind of) driving distance from San Diego. 

1. Big Bear — 3.5 hours from San Diego

Though it is still chilly and snowy in Big Bear, the naturey-feels of Big Bear make it the perfect getaway location. Plus, it’s pretty much sunny year-round in San Diego, so why not get out and experience different weather. Check out the latest news from Big Bear here

2. Big Sur — 8.5 hours from San Diego

Just south of Monterey, Big Sur is the perfect destination for scenic views all around. You can visit the popular McWay Falls and drive over Bixby Bridge, or visit the Point Sur lighthouse which is said to be haunted. A trip to Big Sur would be a trip worthwhile. 

3. Joshua Tree — 3 hours from San Diego

Joshua Tree National Park has so much to offer. From hiking and camping to rockclimbing, it’d be tough to run out of things to do, not to mention the intense sunrises and sunsets that will make for picturesque views to start and end your day. 

4. Santa Barbara — 4.5 hours from San Diego 

Downtown Santa Barbara is the perfect place for a weekend getaway–you can take a nice stroll down State Street, go on a hike, or visit the beach. Better yet, you can do all three in one day! 

5. Los Angeles — 2.5 hours from San Diego 

Though LA isn’t too far from San Diego, it’s the perfect city to go to where there are endless things to do. From hiking to cafés to museums, you’ll never find yourself bored (unless you’re sitting in that 405 traffic). You’ll be able to feel your muscles relaxing and yourself destressing with one drive up the Pacific Coast Highway, where you will be hit the beautiful view of the Pacific Ocean.

I am currently a sophomore at San Diego State majoring in Journalism with an emphasis in Public Relations. I have four years of experience as a writer and editor for my high school newspaper and am now one of the CC's for Her Campus SDSU. Taco Tuesday is my favorite day of the week, and yes, I am related to Abraham Lincoln.