New SDSU Trolley Schedule Starts September 2nd

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SDSU chapter.

Some big changes are happening to the San Diego Metropolitan Transit System starting September 2nd. With no need to transfer trolleys in Old Town, it’s going to be a lot quicker and easier for SDSU students to shop at Sea Port Village, attend an event at the Convention Center or enjoy the nightlife at the Gaslamp Quarter. The Green Line will end at 12th and Imperial where commuters can transfer to the blue line if they’re continuing southward to San Ysidro. Some of the trolley arrival and departure times have changed, so be sure to check the schedule online at sdmts.com, or if you have a smart phone, add GOMTS (46687) as a contact and text your trolley stop number to get real time arrival and departures.  As an SDSU student, you can buy a monthly pass for $57.60, or an even better deal is a semester pass for $155 cash. You must purchase the semester pass at the Viejas Arena Box Office before September 28th.

Jazmine is a freshman at San Diego State University in beautiful SO Cal. With plans to major in Communication and double minor in public relations as well as TFM (Television, Film, and New Media), she deeply enjoys reading, writing, and getting to know people around campus. As the founder and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus SDSU, her hopes are high and she is confident the branch will be a wonderful success. While in her first year of college, she is learning how to be more involved around campus while maintaining her studies. After spending a few childhood years living in Europe and traveling internationally, Jazmine has a passion for learning about different cultures from all over the world, especially the different foods! Future plans? She intends to have a career in media, preferably at a fashion magazine, such as Seventeen, or work with a popular television network such as OWN. In her free time she enjoys being with friends, reading, photography, Sunday church, learning how to play the ukulele, organizing things, and spending hours in the beauty department at almost any store.