Jessica Leon ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SDSU chapter.

Name: Jessica Leon

Age: 19

Year: Sophomore

Major: Journalism with an emphasis in Public Relations

Hometown: Highland, CA

Her Campus (HC): What made you choose SDSU?

Jessica Leon (JL): Growing up, I used to visit my grandma who lived in San Diego and I just instantly fell in love. I loved the fact that there was always something new to do and discover. Also, the campus is beautiful and I just loved the environment.

HC: Why did you chose Journalism?

JL: All through middle school and high school my favorite subject was english, so I knew that there was nothing else I wanted to do. Then, in my senior year of high school I joined yearbook and I knew that I wanted my career to involve some type of editorial. 

HC: How did you find out about Her Campus?

JL: I came from work one day and my roommate brought it to my attention. After hearing what Her Campus was all about, I knew that I wanted to be a part of it.

HC: What made you want to become a Campus Correspondent?

JL: I thought it would be great to be involved in some form of journalism aside from school. I also loved the idea of getting a small taste of what I wanted to do for the rest of my life, and believe that being a Campus Correspondent is a great way to network and create connections.

HC: What do you plan on doing with your major?

JL: I hope to get a job in magazine editorial and publishing or work for an Internet based news source. 

HC: What is your favorite thing to do in San Diego?

JL: I honestly love just sitting on the beach watching the sunset in Coronado. I also love exploring new places around downtown.  

HC: What is something not that many people know about you?

JL: When I was nine, I broke my elbow at softball practice and had to be in a cast for about a month.

HC: What do you hope to accomplice in life?

JL: In the future, I hope to have a stable career where I can provide for my family. Most of all I just hope to be happy with the way my life turns out.

TRIVIA:

Favorite Food: Cheese Enchiladas

Favorite Song: “Last Hope” by Paramore & “Stay Together For The Kids” by Blink-182

Favorite Artist: Blink-182

Favorite San Diego Hot Spot: Coronado 

Probably complaining or making a joke. Instagram: @jennheinzel
I am currently a sophomore at San Diego State majoring in Journalism with an emphasis in Public Relations. I have four years of experience as a writer and editor for my high school newspaper and am now one of the CC's for Her Campus SDSU. Taco Tuesday is my favorite day of the week, and yes, I am related to Abraham Lincoln.