This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SDSU chapter.

Name: Irazema Islas 

Nicknames?: Heroshima 

Hometown: San Diego 

Year: Junior

Major: Biochemistry 

Involvement at SDSU: Association of Chicana Activist 

What are your career goals?: I hope to conduct scientific research and become well known for it. 

What’s your favorite thing about San Diego?: The ever changing weather. It’ll be hot one day and sometimes raining the next. 

Favorite moment at SDSU so far?: Getting to meet wonderful people that I would not have meet if I had gone to the other school I was planning to attend. 

Most embarrassing moment?: One day during swimming practice, I had arrived late and my coach told me to get a kick board from the other side of the pool, and then I swam to other side. I got out so that my coach could help me with my cap, I reached down to get it and he started laughing. I didm’t know why, and he signals me to walk over. Between the gigging he tells that my swimsuit has a major rip right down the middle of my butt.

Do you have a secret talent?: No, but I can touch my nose with my tongue.

What’s a fun fact about you?: I once swam with a 15 foot whale shark. 

Favorite holiday and why?: My favorite holiday is Christmas. It’s so cliche, but I love getting together with family I haven’t seen in months and being able to get along, even if it’s just for day. 

Welcome to Her Campus SDSU!
I am currently a sophomore at San Diego State majoring in Journalism with an emphasis in Public Relations. I have four years of experience as a writer and editor for my high school newspaper and am now one of the CC's for Her Campus SDSU. Taco Tuesday is my favorite day of the week, and yes, I am related to Abraham Lincoln.