Hayley Lincoln ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SDSU chapter.

Name: Hayley Lincoln

Age: 19

Year: Sophomore

Major: Public Relations

Hometown: Valencia, CA

Her Campus (HC): What made you choose SDSU?  

Hayley Lincoln (HL): The campus is gorgeous, it has an amazing Journalism program, and it is not too far or close to my hometown. Also, who wouldn’t want to live in San Diego?

HC: Why did you choose journalism? 

HL: I was on the staff of my high school newspaper for four years, and that influenced my decision to continue my education in the journalistic field. 

HC: How did you find out about Her Campus? 

HL: I have a few friends who are a part of different Her Campus chapters and would post about it on their Facebook. When I discovered SDSU didn’t have a current chapter, I jumped on the opportunity to have it here, too. 

HC: What made you want to become a Campus Correspondent

HL: I figured it will give me experience that will be useful in my future career choice—building and leading a team, learning how to manage a team and all that jazz. I also thought it would be a great way to become involved and meet new people who have similar interests to me.

HC: What do you plan to do with your major? 

HL: I wish I knew. I’m definitely sticking with my major, I just don’t know exactly what I want to do in the future. I’m thinking I want to do something in the music industry. 

HC: What is your favorite thing to do in San Diego? 

HL: I love going to Coronado to watch the sunset. There’s a prime place on the beach a couple miles from the hotel that is the perfect place to sit and relax (and there are never too many people there). 

HC: What’s something not many people know about you?

HL: I have four siblings. For some reason, most of my friends think I’m an only child, probably because I’m the youngest and all of my siblings are off being adults. 

HC: What do you want to accomplish in your life?

HL: Someway, somehow, I want to be interviewed by Jimmy Fallon. Other than that, I want to be happy with my career and make my parents proud. 

TRIVIA:

Favorite Food: Churros

Favorite Song: It’s a tossup between “Teachers” by Young the Giant and “No Money” by Kings of Leon.

Favorite Artist: Young the Giant

Favorite San Diego Hot Spot: Coronado

Sophomore at San Diego State University, majoring in Journalism with an emphasis in Public Relations. Campus co-correspondent in San Diego State University's Her Campus chapter. Born and raised in the Inland Empire. In addition to my love for journalism, I also love baseball, reading, and hanging out with my friends.