What Your Ike’s Order Says About You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCU chapter.

The best sandwiches are full of personality.  When it comes to unique sandwich fillings and combinations, Ike’s Place knows what they’re doing.  Life at Santa Clara University simply isn’t complete without eating an Ike’s sandwich at least once. 

Little do you know, your choice in sandwich can say a lot about you.  There are just as many personality types as there are sandwich choices at Ike’s.  Here are a few of Ike’s popular sandwich choices and what they say about you:

1.  Menage A Trois

BBQ, Cheddar, Halal Chicken, Honey Mustard, Pepper Jack, Real Honey, Swiss

If this crowd favorite is your go-to at Ike’s, you definitely enjoy the better pleasures of life.  After all, this sandwich is so good they named it after a sexual escapade.  You aren’t afraid to try new things and take delicious risks. 

2.  Andrew Luck

Halal chicken, bacon, garlic, herb sauce, avocado, gouda

This sandwich is simple but rich, just like you. You’re grounded and full of insight, kind of an old soul, and people are attracted to your age-old wisdom and advice.

3.  I Wish I Was a Little Bit Taller

Halal chicken, teriyaki, wasabi mayo, mozzarella sticks, Swiss

Just like the name implies, you’re always wishing for something more.  You live life to get the most out of it and your passion is infectious.

4.  Spiffy Tiffy

Halal Chicken, mushrooms, avocado, pesto, provolone, pepper jack

You’re the life of the party.  Your energy and spirit radiate light and excitement.  People love being around you.

5. Jim Rome

Turkey, Ike’s red pesto, avocado, cheddar

One of the more tame Ike’s sandwiches but it works because you like to keep things simple and drama-free.  You enjoy routine yet you’re easy going.

Everyone has a favorite go-to sandwich, especially when it comes to choosing from Ike’s diverse, extensive menu.  So next time you head over to Ike’s for a lunch date, pay attention to what everyone orders—you just might be surprised!

Victoria is a senior at Santa Clara University and is a History and Spanish double major with double minors in Political Science and Anthropology. A native Los Angelino, she's a huge Kings & Dodgers fan & will defend her favorite teams fiercely. Lover of Netflix, popcorn, & mint moose tracks ice cream. You can basically count on finding her snacking, binge-watching Game of Thrones, or in the library (sometimes all three at the same time).