Things Guys Wish Girls Knew

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCU chapter.

Readers, this is the article you didn’t know you were waiting for.

All of us have had moments where we wanted to know what guys were thinking.  Do they really care what we wear?  What about making the first move?  Well, I’ve got all of your answers here.

I asked a wide variety of guys – single, taken, upperclassmen and underclassmen, etc. – to think about what sorts of things they wished girls knew.  Whether you have a boyfriend, crush, or just want to know what the heck guys are really thinking, this list is for you.

Cut the Crap

“We can tell if you’re trying too hard in pictures.  And in life.”

“Don’t ask honest questions that you don’t want an honest answer to.”

“It’s hard to call your friend a bitch without sounding like one yourself.”

“We all rage at school.  Uploading hundreds of pictures of you and your besties acting like idiots every weekend is beyond stupid.”

“Asking you to a dinner date or a date and fifth is a one night obligation, not a marriage proposal.”

“I-don’t-give-a-crap hair is less attractive than you think.”

“We have harsher senses of humor.  If we said it with a smile and a lighthearted tone, we’re kidding. Relax.”

“You don’t need to talk all the time.  If there’s a lull in conversation, just let it be.  Guys are okay with a little silence.”

“If your ‘cute shoes’ hurt, don’t complain about them. Go put on something comfortable.”

Getting Guys’ Attention

“It’s always a yoga pants day.  Unless of course it’s a bikini day.”

“I love it when girls wear skirts.”

“It’s awesome when you guys make the first move, both at a party or just around.”

“Looking cute every day is more attractive than looking hot every day.”

“Don’t be subtle.”

Winning Them Over

“I wish girls knew how cute it is when they nuzzle your neck.”

“It’s really sexy when the girl asks to play videogames with us.”

“We like girls who can laugh at themselves (and us).”

“It’s awesome when the girl offers to bring you food in class since she knows you haven’t had a chance to eat for the last few hours.”

“When guys are sore from working out, we like getting massages.  It hurts so good.”

Boys Being Boys

“Even if a girl thinks she has all the power in a relationship, she should make the guy feel like he does.  Because he probably does.” [That last part’s debatable.]

“Sometimes we men just need time (like a day) to just relax and do manly things like play videogames and work out.”

Getting Real

“Guys get nervous, too.”

“No matter how sexy your body is (or not), personality and the smile make it or break it.”

“Looks aren’t everything.”

“When a guy tells you that you are beautiful, don’t say you aren’t.  It makes them want to stop telling you because they don’t want you to disagree with them.  Also it’s annoying after a while.  Learn to take a compliment.”

Well, there you have it, a little insight into the minds of men!  You’re welcome, readers.  You’re welcome.

Photo Sources: hercampus.com, gurl.com

Shannon is a junior at Santa Clara University studying English with an emphasis in Creative Writing. Besides being involves in Her Campus, Shannon is the leader of the a capella group Measure Up and enjoys performing with her friends. Born and bred California, she loves writing, running, and all things movies. Shannon is a big fan of baking, Firefly, and Bernese Mountain dogs. She loves the beach more than anywhere else and undoubtedly wishes she were there right now.