Smith Gets Sustainable

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCU chapter.

Winter quarter is a time when many students tend to stay indoors and bundle up with Netflix and hot tea, but not for Sarah Smith! For her, it’s just another opportunity to stay active in her community. Here she is at the Valley Forge composting yard waste from last season’s harvest. 

I'm a sophomore at Santa Clara University where I am majoring in Accounting and minoring in Creative Writing. Originally from Los Angeles, I like to attend music festivals and explore art galleries. I plan to study in Australia this upcoming fall and am stoked for the adrenaline-filled adventures that await. I have a serious case of impulsive decision-making and dreams to work at a hole in the wall coffee shop in Portland someday. As of right now, I enjoy sipping tea and playing rugby.
Victoria is a senior at Santa Clara University and is a History and Spanish double major with double minors in Political Science and Anthropology. A native Los Angelino, she's a huge Kings & Dodgers fan & will defend her favorite teams fiercely. Lover of Netflix, popcorn, & mint moose tracks ice cream. You can basically count on finding her snacking, binge-watching Game of Thrones, or in the library (sometimes all three at the same time).