This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCU chapter.

I would like to introduce you all to a brand new club on campus: SCU Distance Club.

This club has been in the works for a while. Founders and co-presidents, Keeson Davis and Sydney Soracin, along with VP Connor Dalbow, took their passions for running and turned them into something that could get the whole school involved.

The founders recently got the club approved by senate after a few months of planning and that means they are now officially on campus!

So what does it mean to be a part of the distance club?

Well, check out the Facebook page if you’re interested! Basically, the club offers a few runs a week that anyone can join. There is always a carpool so you don’t have to worry if you don’t have a car, you can still participate. It’s awesome to just get off campus and run a different route than you’re used to, which is the whole point of the club.

A few places the club has run so far include Rancho San Antonio, Alum Rock Park, and Quicksilver. But, the club is always looking for cool new places around the area to venture to.

(photo courtesy of Jeshoots)

Still not convinced? Co-president Keeson remarks that “the Distance Club is a place where runners of all skill levels can run with friends at local open spaces. Many of us are former track and cross country athletes who enjoy running with friends and participating in low key races and events.”

The club is probably getting t-shirts soon. So if you like running, now is as good a time as ever to check them out, because who doesn’t want a new t-shirt? 

Jordan is a sophomore at Santa Clara and a writer for Her Campus SCU. She is an English major and a Political Science minor. She loves her cat and two dogs very much. Go Broncos.
Laurel Fisher is a senior at Santa Clara University. She is double majoring in math and French. She loves traveling, scrapbooking, and anything to do with France. In her free time, she loves taking photos of just about anything, watching Netflix, eating delicious food, going to the gym, and spending time with her friends.