Jerome Sanders ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCU chapter.

The Basics

Hometown:  San Diego, CA

School year: 2014

Major:  Marketing major with a minor in Retail Management

Residence Hall/Building:  University Villas

Zodiac sign:  Virgo

SCU Life

Activities/Clubs:  I’ve been very involved in the Multi Cultural Club. I was the vice president of the Black Business Alliance, and my freshman year I was involved in Igwebuike. I am in the Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity based out of Stanford. I’ve also worked as an orientation leader, an experience where I grew most because I was able to influence the college experiences of about 1500 freshmen as well as other students from out of the country.

Favorite Class:  LEAD 10 with Professor Irin Kinura Walsh. I’ve always seen myself as a mentor, and through this class I was able to make an impact on other students aspiring to receive an education.

Favorite SCU experience:  I would have to say my orientation because it was my first time away from home. I had gone to the same middle school and the same high school, so it was refreshing to be meeting a lot of new people here where my identity didn’t matter so much. Everyone could be themselves and it was a new beginning. I also met some of my best friends at my freshman orientation.

Most embarrassing moment:  I haven’t been embarrassed very much because I’m very extroverted and outgoing, but I think one of the most embarrassing moments was when I woke up late for class, my time was wrong, and I only made it to the last five minutes of class. I was really embarrassed because I never miss class.

Plans after college:  I want to continue pursuing an MBA in business, and I want to go to a school like UCLA, Berkeley, or Stanford and also work full time for a large company. I want travel around the world as well.

Fun Facts

Three words to describe yourself:  Achiever. Caring. Aware.

Favorite TV show:  When I went abroad in Spain it was Miami Tow

Dream job:  My ideal dream job is to be a chief marketing officer of a large company like Google or Apple.

Biggest pet peeve:  When people drag their feet on the floor while they’re walking

Three things you have with you at all times:  Cell phone, my Kenneth Cole watch, and a pack of gum… You never know what’s going to happen.

Usual weekend agenda:  I am very social so I like traveling to other universities, playing sports, and doing community service. I do tax returns for low-income families and serve the local community with my fraternity brothers.

Love Life

Single or taken:  Single, very single

Deal breaker:  A girl who is clingy or dependent. That’s an immediate turn off.

Dealmaker:  Confidence, aside from her personality

Ideal first date:  A date that consists of entertainment and genuine conversation. I’m always very present so I prefer my date to be present as well.

Favorite first date:  Senior year of high school on Valentine’s Day. The date consisted of dinner and a movie and I gave gifts to my significant other. This was the night I asked her to be my girlfriend. Throughout the night I gave her gifts, and as the night progressed, the gift became more relevant to where we were in our relationship. At the end, I gave her a heart necklace and we had our first kiss.

First thing you notice in a girl:  Her eyes and smile. Eyes are a strong indicator of who you are; they are the gates to your soul. A smile is something you can’t really take from someone.

Sweetest thing you’ve ever done for a girl:  At a party, this girl sprained her ankle and I carried her almost half a mile home. It kind of challenged me.

Celeb girl crush:  I have two:  Alicia Keys for her voice, her talent, her beauty, and her confidence, and Beyoncé for her drive, success, and ability to be multi-faceted. She just does it all.

Describe the women of SCU:  Very complex, intelligent, and driven. Not any one SCU woman is the same. A lot of the guys here fail to look for those special things that each girl has to offer. I think everyone has something beautiful to offer.

This or That

Chocolate or vanilla? Vanilla

Boxers or briefs? Boxer briefs

Necktie or bowtie? Bowtie, most definitely

Naughty or nice? Naughty

Early bird or night owl? Night owl

Flip-flops or sneakers? Sneakers

Tea or coffee? Tea

Hot or Not ~ Girls

Who make the first move? Hot

With tattoos? Not

Who wear glasses? Hot

Who wear yoga pants? Hot

With a big appetite? Hot

Who are fit? Hot