I Only Go To Restaurants That Start With A “C”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCU chapter.

Ladies, I believe that food may or may not treat me better than any man ever will.  So, this is why I have decided to share with you a few of my personal favorite indulgences that are nice and close to campus.  Fun fact:  they all start with the letter C.

Café Rosalena

Ever heard of a life-changing burrito?  Well, I’ve TASTED one. It’s the sausage breakfast burrito from Café Rosalena.  Word on the street is that this is the breakfast to have after a long night of…studying!  Just imagine the cheese melting upon the thick potatoes, warm eggs, and savory sausage.  Imagine it.  For only about $6, I would say it’s a steal, especially if you save half for later (yeah, right).  

The Counter

Sometimes I have dreams…dreams of burgers from The Counter.  Sometimes I become stressed out.  Then I remember that The Counter exists. 

The Counter allows you to build your burger just the way you want it.  Choose your favorite meat, bun, toppings, and sauce.  Call me crazy, but the pretzel bun with juicy sliced pineapple is sure to tickle your taste buds. 

Even though there are 1,340 calories in just one serving of the Parmesan fries, I strongly recommend them to you.  No appetizer = no fun.  Am I right??

Cramer’s Bagels

Cramer’s: the Santa Clara student’s friendly neighborhood bagel shop.  On some mornings, you really just have to give in and purchase two bagels instead of one. You know what they say:  it is good to have a balanced diet.  So put a bagel in each hand!

These bagels are super cheap, but they are also made fresh daily in the store.  Best of all, Cramer’s is located right across from campus.  Don’t forget to purchase an “I <3 Cramer’s Bagels” shirt at your next visit.  I know I’ll be sporting mine next time I go.

Mission City Creamery (or as I like to call it, The Creamery)

Everyone who is anyone loves The Creamery.  This ice cream shop is new, but it didn’t take long for it to become a nightly craving for SCU students.  The Creamery doesn’t just sell ice cream; they make their own brownies and cookies for you to incorporate into your sweet treat. 

Thanks to owner, Chris Leahy, there have also been plenty of student organizations that have held fundraising events at the ice cream shop.  Fundraising while eating ice cream?  Sounds COOL!

That sums up my list of restaurants worth visiting.  If it doesn’t start with a C, you won’t C me! 

Photo Sources:  http://farm4.staticflickr.com/…

Keely is a junior at Santa Clara University, studying communication and creative writing.  She has a sense of humor, not to mention a talent for puns.  Keely is originally from sunny Arizona, but she absolutely loves her new home away from home at SCU.  Some of her passions include food, spending time with friends and family (including her 5 beautiful dogs), being active, and just having a good time.