Body Positive Instagrams to Follow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCU chapter.

I feel like every time I go to my Instagram feed or popular page I see beautiful people everywhere. With social media at the forefront of our society these days, it can be hard not to feel a little insecure sometimes. To not let the idea of “perfection” get you down, check out these awesome body positive Instagram accounts and give them a follow:

@bodyposipanda

Megan Jayne Crabbe prides herself on being a body positive Instagrammer. She’s even written a book on body positivity. Her feed is incredibly uplifting and inspiring. Not to mention, she has rainbow hair.

@sundaesforthesoul

Meghan is a self-proclaimed anti-diet dietician. She posts pictures of herself and her journey with body positivity and also lots of awesome quotes and memes. She also shares other people’s inspiring stories. Follow her feed for some inspo on self-love.

@gabifresh

Gabi Gregg is a strong feminist who believes in body positivity. She has started a swim collection and preaches that every body is a beach body. So if you find yourself stressing about getting into shape to put on your swimsuits this summer, check her out!

@winnieharlow

Winnie Harlow was previously a competitor on “America’s Next Top Model.” She brought her skin condition, vitiligo, to the television and wore it with pride. Her Instagram reminds followed that our imperfections are all beautiful.

@najwazebian

Najwa’s feed isn’t so much about body positivity specifically, but rather positivity in general and the importance of not letting others get you down: an equally awesome message! A lot of people’s issues with their own body are created by society and this Instagram reminds you that you can’t listen to the hate.

Your Instagram shouldn’t be something that makes you feel bad about yourself, it should be uplifting! Look at some of these accounts to brighten up your feed. 

Jordan is a sophomore at Santa Clara and a writer for Her Campus SCU. She is an English major and a Political Science minor. She loves her cat and two dogs very much. Go Broncos.
Laurel Fisher is a senior at Santa Clara University. She is double majoring in math and French. She loves traveling, scrapbooking, and anything to do with France. In her free time, she loves taking photos of just about anything, watching Netflix, eating delicious food, going to the gym, and spending time with her friends.