Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

SCU Blog

The Freshman Fifteen: 15 Tips for Freshmen

By Alyssa Feldsine
October 20, 2014 - 11:48pm

READ MORE

A Ranking of ABC Family's 13 Nights of Halloween

By Katie Civgin
October 20, 2014 - 10:28pm

Last week, ABC Family announced the schedule for this year’s 13 Nights of Halloween. The marathon, set to premiere on October 19th and run through October 31st, includes a variety of films that are sure to get you in the Halloween spirit! Classics like Hocus Pocus and The Nightmare Before Christmas are included on the list, as well as new additions like Dark Shadows. Below is a ranking of the 14 movies that make up this year’s haunted line up! 1. Hocus Pocus READ MORE

What The Cast of Hocus Pocus Will Look Like in 2014

By Catherine Civgin
October 19, 2014 - 4:53pm

Have you ever wondered what the cast of Hocus Pocus would look like if the movie were produced in 2014? If so, you’re in luck! Below is a list of carefully selected actors and actresses who would make amazing replacements for the original cast. Dani   Joey King – Thora Birch Joey would bring both the soul and fiery hysterics that are necessary to play Dani. READ MORE

5 TV Shows You Should Be Watching This Fall

By Brittany Peters
October 7, 2014 - 7:06pm

Summer is gone and so are many of our favorite TV shows. Do not fear, we’ve got you covered on which TV shows you should be in love with this fall. Just make sure to watch them when your homework is finished!   Once Upon a Time For those of you who are avid Frozen fans, this is a must see show. Once Upon a Time puts a twist on classic fairytales and meshes all of the characters together into one town called Storybrook. This season they incorporate Disney’s hit, Frozen.  Airs: Sundays at 8/7c on ABC   READ MORE

5 Signs You're Ready to Fart in Front of Him

By Candice Jalili
September 30, 2014 - 2:06am

It’s Saturday morning. Hook up #7. You find yourself in his bed and those beans from Sarah’s birthday dinner at Aqui last night are starting to catch up with you. Do you treat yourself to a nice liberating toot or suck it in and suffer in silence? 1. He Has Seen You Soberly Cry (***Yes, this implies that you guys have soberly hung out***) READ MORE

"Her Stories": Spring Break Immersion in the Big Easy

By Shannon Price
May 13, 2014 - 8:58pm

The phrase “spring break” brings a number of stereotypical images to mind – sandy beaches, palm trees, wild parties in Mexico, etc. But what about old jeans, paint splatters, and work gloves? Do such things belong with the phrase “spring break”? The answer is YES. Absolutely, without a doubt – yes. READ MORE

7 Movies To Watch After Getting Out Of A Relationship

By Jake Lans
April 28, 2014 - 6:14pm

1. Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind This movie is pretty ideal if you’ve recently broken up with someone and are having second thoughts.  It will equally rehash the good and bad from your relationship.  Things may not have been so bad that you need to have your mind erased, but it’s still a relevant film. 2. 500 Days of Summer  READ MORE

How To Be Kind During Finals Week

By Shannon Price
March 17, 2014 - 3:37am

Imagine this: you walk out of a Week 10 “midterm” (Really, professor? Week 10?) and head to the library to prepare for tomorrow’s presentation.  When you get there, the person in front of you doesn’t look and you get a door shut in your face.  You hit up the café for some much needed coffee and feel hurried by the barista.  Suddenly, you’re not only exhausted, but annoyed and frustrated, too.       At finals time, it’s easy to feel like we are the most important people in the world, and that only our problems matter.  Well, sorry not sorry to burst your bubble, SCU. READ MORE

My Top 9 Culture Shocks Studying Abroad in Spain

By Abby Grills
February 23, 2014 - 4:29pm

1.  So much PDA. Spanish culture places a higher significance on visiting the home of a boyfriend or girlfriend. Because most people live with their parents through college and frequently even after, it is not as easy as it is in the US to spend time with a boyfriend or girlfriend at your apartment. This results in couples making out in public. Everywhere. This includes the metro, the streets, restaurants, and most commonly, in parks. At night especially, couples can be seen lying in the grass doing anything from cuddling to having sex. READ MORE

Valentine’s Day Activities: Singles Edition

By Regina V. Fields
February 13, 2014 - 2:24am

**Note: This article is a spoof! Do NOT take any of this seriously, or do any of the activities… unless you’re awesome.** Valentine’s Day Activities: Singles Edition There are a lot of fake holidays surrounding Valentine’s Day that are supposed to be “for the single people” … I’m looking at you, Galentine’s Day. If you’re single on Valentine’s Day, that’s all the more reason to celebrate the occasion of love… and how you will totally find it… and not with your cat Billy… (though he does look good in a bowtie). This whole article is going to be about how to love yourself, and remind yourself that you are the only person you will ever truly need. READ MORE