This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCU chapter.

Honestly, Benson is pretty great. We have a lot of options. But frankly, I get bored of everything by week two of every quarter. Luckily, we have the Bistro to keep things changing up every day. Here are some of the best specials that should not be passed up for that rice bowl you get every day.

Sushi Tuesday (both the rolls and the sushiritos)

I feel like Sushi Tuesday feels a little less exciting now that we have an everyday poke bar, but its still one of the top specials in my opinion. Whether you choose the lion king roll or the fried California roll, anything on Sushi Tuesday is going to be a good choice.

Jack Daniels Steak

We have a lot decent steak options for Bistro specials, but in my opinion, the Jack Daniels Steak is by far the best. It’s served a couple times a quarter so be sure to look out for it when it is served with garlic fries. Truly amazing.

Thanksgiving Dinner

I’m pretty sure this isn’t the actual name of the special, but it’s close enough. The turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, etc. all combine to make one great tasting meal. And honestly, it just feels homey.

Popcorn Chicken

This is a favorite of many, for a good reason. They always give you lots of food. The chicken is great and it usually comes with some mashed potatoes and veggies. Pro-tip: go get barbeque sauce from the Bronco for this meal. It makes the chicken taste that much better.

Thai Pineapple Chicken

This is another one of my favorite specials. The chicken is great but what really makes it is the awesome sauce it comes with that goes all over your veggies and rice as well. This is definitely not one to pass up.

Three Cheese Tortellini

I know Sauté sells pasta, but honestly the same old stuff can get pretty boring. This Bistro pasta dish is wonderful for when you want something just a little bit different than your normal pasta bowl. And the best part is, it’s one of the more regular specials.

There you have it, some specials you must look out for if you are someone who gets bored of Benson way too fast. Get these specials and change up your routine!

Jordan is a sophomore at Santa Clara and a writer for Her Campus SCU. She is an English major and a Political Science minor. She loves her cat and two dogs very much. Go Broncos.
Laurel Fisher is a senior at Santa Clara University. She is double majoring in math and French. She loves traveling, scrapbooking, and anything to do with France. In her free time, she loves taking photos of just about anything, watching Netflix, eating delicious food, going to the gym, and spending time with her friends.