Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

SCU Archives

How To Be Kind During Finals Week

By Shannon Price
March 17, 2014 - 3:37am

Imagine this: you walk out of a Week 10 “midterm” (Really, professor? Week 10?) and head to the library to prepare for tomorrow’s presentation.  When you get there, the person in front of you doesn’t look and you get a door shut in your face.  You hit up the café for some much needed coffee and feel hurried by the barista.  Suddenly, you’re not only exhausted, but annoyed and frustrated, too.       At finals time, it’s easy to feel like we are the most important people in the world, and that only our problems matter.  Well, sorry not sorry to burst your bubble, SCU. READ MORE

6 Steps to a Perfect Interview

By Mike Davis
March 10, 2014 - 3:17am

So you’ve printed out your resume, put on your lucky professional outfit (jacket included), and strut into the building ready to utterly impress your interviewer with your academic and professional brilliance. You have a good GPA, ice in your veins, brains in your head, feet in your shoes, and are ready to handle any question or scenario thrown at you.  Until you walk in. READ MORE

SCU Eligible Bachelors

By Keely O'Connor
March 10, 2014 - 1:33am

In light of the recent wreckage of season 18 of The Bachelor, we have compiled a list of SCU gentleman who put Juan Pablo to shame. Tolu Adeoye ‘15 He’s tall, dark and handsome, with a sense of humor you wouldn’t believe. Originally hailing from Canada, this guy is all you are going to be daydreaming “aboot”.   READ MORE

The McClone Brothers: Casidhe and Graham

By Keyonna Smith, jen cardey
March 9, 2014 - 5:59pm

Basics Hometown: Placerville, CA Year: Casidhe:  Senior Graham:  Freshman Major: Casidhe:  Political Science Graham:  Mechanical Engineering Residence Hall/Living: Casidhe:   Off campus, on dark side. Graham:  Graham Interests:    READ MORE

Girl Scout Cookie Finder App: An App You Might Drool On

By Keely O'Connor
March 5, 2014 - 2:02pm

We’ve all heard the tagline; “There’s an app for that.”  Well, now that there’s a Girl Scout Cookie Finder app, we know that Apple was not messing around when that tagline was created. Did you just read this and squirm a little bit in your seat?  Are you re-reading what I just said to make sure it wasn’t an optical illusion?  Yes, I did just say there is an app that tells users exactly where the nearest 8-year-old girl with pigtails is located.  Okay, so that sounded a little bit odd, but those girls have the goods: GIRL SCOUT COOKIES! READ MORE

SCU's Got Talent!

By Shannon Price
March 5, 2014 - 1:45pm

Nothing to do this Saturday?  Come on out to Delta Sigma Pi’s SCU’s Got Talent!  The competition will feature a number of SCU’s favorite performers, including Hipnotik, Audiosync, and more (including two of the staff members here at HC Santa Clara!).             Unlike Love Jones, SCU’s Got Talent is a competition and fundraiser.  The Gamma Xi chapter of Delta Sigma Pi will donate half of the night’s proceeds from the sale of baked goods and beverages to Kiva, an international organization that that helps individuals in the Third World start their own businesses. READ MORE

What's your favorite kind of Girl Scout Cookie?

By Her Campus Santa Clara

Brace Yourselves!

By Samir Khanna
March 2, 2014 - 6:03pm

Now’s the time of the year when you need a friend to hang on to like Serena and Keiko. Brace yourselves, midterms and finals season is upon us! READ MORE

Alyosha Sinkevich '15

By Abby Grills
February 26, 2014 - 3:09am

Basics Hometown:  Walnut Creek, CA School Year:  Junior Major:  Civil Engineering Residence Hall/Living:  Lafayette Apartments Interests:  Bee Keeping, Guitar, participating in my Russian culture, exercising   SCU Life What activities or clubs are you in?  American Society of Civil Engineers, Association of General Contractors READ MORE

SCU Cribs: Fishbowl

By Keely O'Connor
February 25, 2014 - 5:21pm

Yo yo yo readers of Her Campus.  Welcome to SCU Cribs, where you can get the inside scoop on some of Santa Clara’s most luxurious, notorious, and victorious houses and apartments. First up: Fishbowl.  Some people call it the Wolf of Bellomy Street.  Some people call it home.  Let’s take a look. READ MORE