Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

SCU Archives

5 Signs You're Ready to Fart in Front of Him

By Candice Jalili
September 30, 2014 - 2:06am

It’s Saturday morning. Hook up #7. You find yourself in his bed and those beans from Sarah’s birthday dinner at Aqui last night are starting to catch up with you. Do you treat yourself to a nice liberating toot or suck it in and suffer in silence? 1. He Has Seen You Soberly Cry (***Yes, this implies that you guys have soberly hung out***) READ MORE

Is Your Phone Your New Best Friend?

By Alyssa Feldsine
September 29, 2014 - 8:32pm

At any time of day or night, take a look around campus and you will see that a majority of students are using their phones.  Think back to the last time you were out with your friends. How much time did you spend on your cell phone?  Did it distract you from what was going on around you? When used appropriately, a phone can be a fantastic resource. With just a click of a button you can share even the smallest details of your life with your closest friends. Phones allow us to project the best version of ourselves. They give us time to consider our responses and enable us to feel connected to others 24/7. When we feel uncomfortable, lonely, or bored, we simply reach for our phone, open an app, and surround ourselves with a network of people....

Senior, Simone, reminiscing on her time at Santa Clara. She definitely saw it as all smiles.

By Samir Khanna
June 8, 2014 - 4:13pm

READ MORE

Christophe Job '15

By Keely O'Connor
June 8, 2014 - 4:11pm

Basics Hometown: Seattle, WA School Year: Junior Major: Communications and French Double Major Residence Hall/Living: Blue House Interests: Film, Soccer, Kickin’ it with the homies Describe yourself in 3 words: Boomin’. Ballin’. Giggin’.   SCU Life What activities or clubs are you in? I play several intramurals and am a founding member of TKE. READ MORE

Dead Week in the Library: Raise Da Roof

By Keely O'Connor
June 8, 2014 - 4:04pm

The library during dead week is THE event of the quarter. Anyone who’s anyone is going to be there so you best be looking fine. Whether you are going for the pregame, the game, or the after party, the library is about to be POPPIN’ OFF!!  First things first: girls must get their makeup and hair done for this weeklong event. Try out the Blow Dry Bar on Santana Row for a vivacious and fresh look followed by an appointment at MAC cosmetics for that “I just woke up like this” look. I heard BCBG and Prada have some great, reasonably priced dresses for the event, too! READ MORE

SCU Presents: Goodness

By Regina V. Fields
May 14, 2014 - 8:07pm

Goodness, a play by Michael Redhill, is a political thriller full of surprises, not only within the plot, but even about you as an audience member. Centering on the concepts of genocide and atrocity, Goodness tells the story of the recently divorced playwright, Michael, attempting to go and retrieve information on his Jewish ancestors who were killed in Poland. Right when he gives up and is about to go home, he meets a stranger in a bar in London who may just have the keys to his question: “why do good people rush to do evil? And what do they become?” READ MORE

"Her Stories": Spring Break Immersion in the Big Easy

By Shannon Price
May 13, 2014 - 8:58pm

The phrase “spring break” brings a number of stereotypical images to mind – sandy beaches, palm trees, wild parties in Mexico, etc. But what about old jeans, paint splatters, and work gloves? Do such things belong with the phrase “spring break”? The answer is YES. Absolutely, without a doubt – yes. READ MORE

How are you getting to Bay to Breakers?

By Her Campus Santa Clara

Niva Looking Slick

By Samir Khanna
May 12, 2014 - 12:28pm

Niva looking slick in a leather jacket, scarf and bleached jeans. READ MORE

What Our Mothers Wish They Knew at Our Age

By Her Campus Santa Clara
May 12, 2014 - 12:11am

This Mother’s Day, we decided to turn to the wisest women we know for advice, our mothers. “I wish I didn't think I knew it all and took the advice and listen more to the wisdom of my parents - when I think back now to the advice they gave me I realize how right they were....listen to their stories because some day it may be too late...” -Lori Baker Hardy, mother of Meaghan Hardy '15 “I’m beautiful, I’m healthy, I’m young. Why didn’t I know how great I looked at this age?” -Denise Grills, mother of Abby Grills '15 READ MORE