Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

SCU Archives

Shannon Donnelly: President of UMark Club

By Katie Civgin
October 27, 2014 - 11:01pm

With the plethora of marketing positions available in Silicon Valley, it was only a matter of time before a marketing club was established at Santa Clara. UMark, SCU’s undergraduate marketing club, has been at Santa Clara for a few years, but this year marks a turning point. Shannon Donnelly, a senior at SCU and president of UMark, has big plans for the club including field trips, event panels, and resume workshops. I had the pleasure of sitting down with Shannon to talk about her hopes for UMark. How did you become the President of UMark? READ MORE

How To Not Be Basic On Halloween

By Brittany Peters
October 27, 2014 - 12:41am

Halloween is right around the corner, and with it comes costume hunting. Unfortunately, costume planning is not as easy as it sounds. To help you avoid looking basic this Halloween, we put together a short list of overdone costumes: Miley Cyrus Sorry, Miley fans. This costume is so last year.   Risky Business READ MORE

Luke Miller '18

By Victoria Juarez
October 21, 2014 - 7:04pm

Basics Hometown: Saratoga, CA School Year: Freshman Major: Biology Residence Hall/Living: Dunne Interests: Lacrosse, watching hockey, listening to music Describe yourself in 3 words: determined, humble, goofy Birthday: January 13, 1996   SCU Life What activities do you participate in on campus or clubs are you in? Lacrosse. READ MORE

The Freshman Fifteen: 15 Tips for Freshmen

By Alyssa Feldsine
October 20, 2014 - 11:48pm

READ MORE

Meet the Her Campus Santa Clara Team!

By Her Campus Santa Clara
October 20, 2014 - 10:45pm

Sydney Lee HC Position: President & Publisher Major: Marketing Year: Senior Residence Hall/Living: Flamingo Hometown: Washington, D.C. READ MORE

A Ranking of ABC Family's 13 Nights of Halloween

By Katie Civgin
October 20, 2014 - 10:28pm

Last week, ABC Family announced the schedule for this year’s 13 Nights of Halloween. The marathon, set to premiere on October 19th and run through October 31st, includes a variety of films that are sure to get you in the Halloween spirit! Classics like Hocus Pocus and The Nightmare Before Christmas are included on the list, as well as new additions like Dark Shadows. Below is a ranking of the 14 movies that make up this year’s haunted line up! 1. Hocus Pocus READ MORE

What The Cast of Hocus Pocus Will Look Like in 2014

By Catherine Civgin
October 19, 2014 - 4:53pm

Have you ever wondered what the cast of Hocus Pocus would look like if the movie were produced in 2014? If so, you’re in luck! Below is a list of carefully selected actors and actresses who would make amazing replacements for the original cast. Dani   Joey King – Thora Birch Joey would bring both the soul and fiery hysterics that are necessary to play Dani. READ MORE

The Santa Clara Housing Ordinance: How It Will Affect You

By Randi Vanible
October 9, 2014 - 8:35pm

PSA: An estimate of 1,300 students could be displaced if the Neighborhood Protection Committee's proposed zoning ordinance is passed. In the most recent draft, it is unclear if it will alter housing of current students because they are legally bound to their homes through current leases however it is conceivable. If the ordinance is adopted, it will definitely affect the housing of future students and other Santa Clara residents as well as change whom property managers and landlords are allowed to rent out to.   READ MORE

5 TV Shows You Should Be Watching This Fall

By Brittany Peters
October 7, 2014 - 7:06pm

Summer is gone and so are many of our favorite TV shows. Do not fear, we’ve got you covered on which TV shows you should be in love with this fall. Just make sure to watch them when your homework is finished!   Once Upon a Time For those of you who are avid Frozen fans, this is a must see show. Once Upon a Time puts a twist on classic fairytales and meshes all of the characters together into one town called Storybrook. This season they incorporate Disney’s hit, Frozen.  Airs: Sundays at 8/7c on ABC   READ MORE

The 7 Best Benson Alternatives

By Nick Granato
October 2, 2014 - 2:31am

Hey on-campus kids, are you bored of Benson? We got pretty bored of it too! Lucky for you, we made a list of all the best alternatives (Off-campus kids, you probably already have your own list, but maybe you’ll find a new favorite eatery on this list!). 1. Fluc - No Car Required READ MORE