Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

SCU Archives

San Jose City Council Candidate: Jose Lujano

By Gabby Jones
April 23, 2014 - 11:50pm

You thought your finals week was busy? Try balancing that with running for San Jose City Council! I got the pleasure of sitting down with Jose Lujano, who’s doing that and much, much more. Tell me more about what you’re doing with the city council? I’m running for San Jose City Council, it’s the10th largest city. I’m running in District 7, which is my own district and where I grew up. It’s a full-time job, like anything else, but I’m really interested in it because of the service aspect and wanting to serve my community. READ MORE

SCU Cribs: Skybox

By Keely O'Connor
April 23, 2014 - 11:30pm

Address: 977 Bellomy St. Residents: 12 ½ Bedrooms: 6 Baths: 2 What up my homies?! It’s yo girl Keelz here to welcome you back to SCU Cribs, where you can get the inside scoop on some of Santa Clara’s most luxurious, notorious, and victorious houses and apartments. 977 Bellomy Street just so happened to make our second edition of SCU Cribs. However, you might know this address as the highest and flyest of all the Clara, the chillest of all the sky, or the boxiest of all boxes (SKYBOX). Let’s take a look.      READ MORE

Jaelin McCreary '14

By Keyonna Smith
April 21, 2014 - 12:24am

Basics Name:  Jaelin McCreary Hometown:  Oakland, CA School Year:  Sophomore Major:  Computer Engineering Residence Hall/Living:  Graham Zodiac Sign:  Aries   SCU Life Where is your favorite place on campus?  My room because of my bed. Favorite subject/class? Math/Calculus. READ MORE

How To Be Kind During Finals Week

By Shannon Price
March 17, 2014 - 3:37am

Imagine this: you walk out of a Week 10 “midterm” (Really, professor? Week 10?) and head to the library to prepare for tomorrow’s presentation.  When you get there, the person in front of you doesn’t look and you get a door shut in your face.  You hit up the café for some much needed coffee and feel hurried by the barista.  Suddenly, you’re not only exhausted, but annoyed and frustrated, too.       At finals time, it’s easy to feel like we are the most important people in the world, and that only our problems matter.  Well, sorry not sorry to burst your bubble, SCU. READ MORE

6 Steps to a Perfect Interview

By Mike Davis
March 10, 2014 - 3:17am

So you’ve printed out your resume, put on your lucky professional outfit (jacket included), and strut into the building ready to utterly impress your interviewer with your academic and professional brilliance. You have a good GPA, ice in your veins, brains in your head, feet in your shoes, and are ready to handle any question or scenario thrown at you.  Until you walk in. READ MORE

SCU Eligible Bachelors

By Keely O'Connor
March 10, 2014 - 1:33am

In light of the recent wreckage of season 18 of The Bachelor, we have compiled a list of SCU gentleman who put Juan Pablo to shame. Tolu Adeoye ‘15 He’s tall, dark and handsome, with a sense of humor you wouldn’t believe. Originally hailing from Canada, this guy is all you are going to be daydreaming “aboot”.   READ MORE

The McClone Brothers: Casidhe and Graham

By Keyonna Smith, jen cardey
March 9, 2014 - 5:59pm

Basics Hometown: Placerville, CA Year: Casidhe:  Senior Graham:  Freshman Major: Casidhe:  Political Science Graham:  Mechanical Engineering Residence Hall/Living: Casidhe:   Off campus, on dark side. Graham:  Graham Interests:    READ MORE

Girl Scout Cookie Finder App: An App You Might Drool On

By Keely O'Connor
March 5, 2014 - 2:02pm

We’ve all heard the tagline; “There’s an app for that.”  Well, now that there’s a Girl Scout Cookie Finder app, we know that Apple was not messing around when that tagline was created. Did you just read this and squirm a little bit in your seat?  Are you re-reading what I just said to make sure it wasn’t an optical illusion?  Yes, I did just say there is an app that tells users exactly where the nearest 8-year-old girl with pigtails is located.  Okay, so that sounded a little bit odd, but those girls have the goods: GIRL SCOUT COOKIES! READ MORE

SCU's Got Talent!

By Shannon Price
March 5, 2014 - 1:45pm

Nothing to do this Saturday?  Come on out to Delta Sigma Pi’s SCU’s Got Talent!  The competition will feature a number of SCU’s favorite performers, including Hipnotik, Audiosync, and more (including two of the staff members here at HC Santa Clara!).             Unlike Love Jones, SCU’s Got Talent is a competition and fundraiser.  The Gamma Xi chapter of Delta Sigma Pi will donate half of the night’s proceeds from the sale of baked goods and beverages to Kiva, an international organization that that helps individuals in the Third World start their own businesses. READ MORE

What's your favorite kind of Girl Scout Cookie?

By Her Campus Santa Clara