Apps to Help You Bargain Shop, and Sell Your Stuff

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCSU chapter.

Shopping is good for the soul, and when I see an opportunity for a good deal I take it! If you are like me and always searching for a bargain but don’t know where to look, I am here to help. Even when I’m not on the hunt for a particular item, I find it relaxing to scroll through an app just to browse.

Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you buy items and then you’re stuck with too much stuff? *raises hand* I am currently in this mess, trying to find furniture for my room while also being stuck with the stuff that doesn’t fit in my room anymore. I ended up looking for apps on my phone to help me sell all my unwanted stuff.

Here are some apps that I have used to help me find what I’m looking for while selling my stuff!

OfferUp and LetGo

Both of these apps serve the same purpose, but I prefer OfferUp. To me, OfferUp is the new “Craigslist.” I love scrolling through this app because there is something new posted every minute. So far, I have bought a bigger bookshelf and sold one that was too small. I really love this app and I am looking forward to selling more on it.

Etsy

If you are looking for handcrafted and original items, this is the place for you. If you haven’t heard of Etsy before, I think of it as one, big online craft fair. There are many different shops to look in and everything is assorted by category. I go to Etsy for all of my gifting needs; if you can think of it, Etsy has it! 

Ebay

I think of Ebay as the original online marketplace. You can search for almost anything on this website. The only setback to this is that multiple people can bid on an item you want, and the highest bidder gets the item. I have only purchased once from Ebay, and I was satisfied with my transaction. I don’t see many people resorting to Ebay anymore.

Craigslist

When I didn’t know of any other websites, I used Craigslist to search for items that I wanted to buy. I bought a lightly used camera on this site, and sold a camera that I didn’t want anymore. Craigslist separates their items by category for easy browsing, and you can find almost anything on it.

Facebook Marketplace

If you’re too skeptical to look anywhere else, then Facebook is the place to go. If you didn’t know already, Facebook recently added a sale section to their site, called “Facebook Marketplace.” I have never used this before, but I assume that it is the same as the apps I have talked about above. It is simply another platform to buy and sell from. 

What are you waiting for? Get shopping!

Cover

Photo: 12

A coffee obsessed twenty year old. Music enthuiast. Bookworm. Addicted to all things Disney (Wreck-It Ralph is her favorite movie.)  Second year student at SCSU as a Pre-Early Education major.