4 Reasons We Need a Gilmore Girls Revival Season 2

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCSU chapter.

We’ve all watched the entire Gilmore Girls revival by now, and if you’re like me you watched all 4 episodes the day they came out. It was like I was under a spell and I couldn’t stop watching, I just had to know what was going to happen next.

So here I am, having processed and thought, contemplated and puzzled together all the different plots, twists and head scratching moments. We should be thankful for being given the oppurtunity to revisit Stars Hollow and all the strong personality characters we left behind nearly 10 years ago. And I am 100% positive that we all are, but in reacting to the revival I think we can also express our opinions, right?

So now that the revival has arrived, I want to say that I am not completely satisifed with the end. We have been left with more questions than we were left with at the ending of the original series. 

1. Will Lorelai expand the Dragonfly?

Sookie left Michel and Lorelai, and my heart hurt over that fact. Sookie, our all over the place, undecisive chef extraordinaire. The Dragonfly was not the same without Sookie, and then Michel was also planning his departure. Our superhero trio will be no more? Impossible.

One of Michel’s wishes was that Lorelai expand the Dragonfly by adding a spa but the Dragonfly location had no space to be expanded. So we learn that Lorelai is interested in buying a larger building to expand the inn. 

Will Lorelai expand the inn? Is Sookie back for good? Will Michel stay now that he will get the spa he so badly desired?

2. Luke and Lorelai’s wedding.

Sure we finally got to see Luke and Lorelai tie the knot, but I honestly don’t believe it was the wedding they deserved. 

We’ve been rooting for these two since season 1, they’ve been sitting there perfect for one another and we have patiently waited for them to get their act together and be with each other once and for all.

We finally get to see them get married and we dont even get to hear them say “I do”. During the entire wedding scene there is music playing over any speaking (yes I know the song was special to their relationship but I mean, getting to hear them say I do would’ve been pretty special too).

Where was Jess, Sookie, April? Emily waited how long for Lorelai to get married, and she wasn’t even there for the actual wedding?

I get it probably had to do with scheduling, still a pretty bummed about it.

3. Rory’s pregnancy?!

I was overall pretty disappointed in Rory in this revival. Leading on poor Paul who no one ever seemed to remember (what exactly was the point of that story line?), having an affair with an engaged Logan (Really Rory? Have you not learned from your past mistakes?), and what was with that one night stand? (And dosing off during that interview…?)

So they drop this bomb on us “I’m pregnant” and leave us all looking like Lorelai does seconds before the screen cuts to the credits, really?

This gives no form of closure and I want to know what, why? What is Lorelai’s reaction? Will she be happy, supportive, angry, confused, dissapointed? How will this shocker affect the mood of the rest of the day (aka Luke and Lorelai’s wedding day). When does Rory tell all the other important people in her life? How will everyone react to sweet, smart Rory being pregnant and single? Will Logan (the presumable father) ever find out? 

I could go on forever with questions on this one.

4. Jess is definately endgame.

That longing window stare tells us everything.

Jess isn’t over Rory, and he has “nothing permanent” going on (unlike certain other people). Maybe Jess will continue to be Rory’s supportive, inspiring pal who makes his way back into her heart? By the way, why is Jess’ sole purpose to push Rory along in life? Why don’t we get any insight on his awesome life? That chracter growth!!! Best character growth of any of the Gilmore Girls characters (Dean is definately second).

Now if Rory could just stop being all hung up on a taken Logan who clearly isn’t interested enough to leave that “dynastic plan” behind and really be with her, not just have her sneaking around and behind everyone’s back. Come on, Rory, you were not raised to be any man’s side dish.

Cover 

GIF: 1, 2, 3, 4

SCSU Campus Correspondant. Communication major, journalism minor.